Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Piano Recitals 2009

Saturday, December 5, 2009...60 students and 4 recitals in 4 hours!  Soo fun!  I've been having my recitals in my own home for 2 years now--ever since I got my baby grand!!!  And I LOVE having the recitals here!  It's a lot of work for me because I have to clear out my 2 front rooms of all furniture (except the pianos of course) but it's a really good reason to get those two rooms all cleaned up and re-organized twice a year!!!  No dust bunnies under any of my stuff!!!  (It is amazing how much dust collects in 6 months!)  So of course my own kids had to perform!  Carlie had to run off to her softball tournament this morning as well so she only performed in the first recital--she normally performs in all 4 (that's what you get when your mom is the piano teacher but she is always rewarded quite handsomely:)  So here she is performing "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.  Carlie rocks on this song!  I LOVE hearing her play it--I can't even play it this good!!!  (I recorded this before the actual recital so the background noise and interference is Max & Tatum:)


Carlie's Christmas song was "He is Born, The Holy Child."  The hand-crossing on this song is brutal and Carlie does it amazingly well!  


And here is my wonderful Ethan.  I was soo proud of him too!!!  He got right up there and played AMAZING!  He has improved soo much this year.  He doesn't love to just sit down and play on the piano but I NEVER have to ask him to practice--he knows that he cannot even ask to play computer until the piano is practiced!  So here he is playing "Indians."  The second song is a duet with Carlie, "Silent Night."


Thoroughly exhausting but thoroughly rewarding at the same time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment