Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BIG NEWS (for us anyways:)

AHHHH!!!! Oh my gosh!!! It has been a GRUELING week here at the Meeker's!!! Carlie wanted to try her hand at music theater so she had an audition this past Friday for the "Queen Creek Performing Arts" theater. They are putting on a broadway production of "Annie" this June. We show up to the audition only to find out that there are 200 girls trying out for 10 spots!!! My heart sank--NOT because I thought she wasn't good enough. It was because the more I sat there talking to other moms, I realized what a tight-knit group these people are. They live close together, work together, and many are in the same church ward. Having NO music theater experience, I knew Carlie would not get the lead, but maybe an orphan, or an extra at least?! I kept a brave face on for Carlie. We were already there.

Well, after seeing several girls run out crying out of the audition room (it was a "closed" audition so I wasn't even allowed to watch) I was ready to take her out of there, but again...we were already there and if she wasn't crying, we weren't leaving:)

We found out on Sunday that she had a call-back on Monday. Chris took her out there for this. She had to sing solo, sing in groups, learn dance steps, and read lines--kinda sounded like "Hollywood Week" to me on American Idol:) The results of this were posted this morning...SHE'S MADE IT!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

Yes!!! She got 1 of the coveted 10 spots!!! They took another 10 girls who will be the "Orphan Chorus." I looked up her character on the computer (she is the orphan "July"). And come to find out July is a 13 year old orphan which makes her one of the oldest orphans and so she is very motherly and always looking out for the little ones:) I can't think of a more perfect fit! Congrats Carlie Mae!!!! We are SOOOO proud of you!!! Music theater.....HERE WE COME:)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to Carlie! Not surprising at all - that girl is oozing with talent. Please let us know when the performances are - we'd love to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Abby's DREAM!!!! I am totally holding off with it, because I don't want to deal with all that DRAMA! LITERALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way awesome! All of your kiddos are so amazingly talented! Make sure to share some videos when it is all said and done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh!!! Totally not surprising! I'm so excited for her and we want to come see also! That is so awesome!! And by the way, this picture of her is so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Carlie! Let us know when the performance is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for Carlie!! Good for her. I am not surprised at all that she got the part. She sings so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome!!! How exciting. Great job Carlie!

    ReplyDelete