Sunday, November 27, 2011

March Field Air Museum

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving on Thursday--tons of delicious gourmet food and FABULOUS company. We had the best time being with family--lots of laughter. We actually had the opportunity to meet a cousin of Chris' that Chris didn't even know he had. His name is David and his lives in Engelwood, CA. David is 43 years old and has a horrific yet AMAZING life story. David had been raised in several foster homes growing up--eventually running away from that too--and had lost touch with his biological family for about 35 years. He has soo much to be bitter and angry about and yet, he is amazingly kind and forgiving (SERIOUSLY horrific childhood). David leads an "alternative lifestyle" but after everything he has had to overcome in this life, I just KNOW there is a special place for him in heaven. Meeting him has impacted my life for sure and I look forwards to many more family holidays with him and his partner (70 year man who "pretends" to be straight--we had a good laugh about that...you would probably have to have been there:) Being here truly made me SOO eternally grateful for my life, my husband, my kids, and most especially the gospel. All weekend long I just tried to imagine how different my life would be without the gospel. The majority of both sides of our families are not LDS and boy...life is sure a whole lot HARDER without the clear-cut counsel of latter-day prophets. I came away from this weekend with a new determination to hold stronger to my beliefs. (And I kicking myself for NOT getting a picture of David! UGH!!!)

On Friday, the kids were a bit stir-crazy so we headed out for the "March Field Air Museum." This museum was really amazing and very "hands-on" for the the kids. We had a great time:





And just to sum up our weekend...Chris's uncle and aunt have a "Smart Car." Well OF COURSE we had to drive it!!! Every errand we gladly volunteered for just to drive this beauty:) If ONLY I could fit 4 kids in there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment