Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tatum's 5th Birthday!!!

This has been a long-awaited birthday (almost as long-awaited as Carlie's 12th:).  With both of my girls being the youngest in their classes, it just seems (to them) that they are LAST in everything:)  But the day finally arrived!!!

Tatum was born on a Saturday night--the first day of fall break 5 years ago.  And her birthday just happened to fall on a Saturday again this year.  Funny birth story:  I was in the hospital in full-blown labor on Saturday, September 27th--right at the beginning of an ASU football game.  I had gone in about 7:30 that night and because of past experience I knew that if I had let them give me an epidural that the nurses would then make me sleep through the night and push in the morning--NO WAY!!!  This was my LAST baby and I wanted to be D-O-N-E!  I figured there would be time for an epidural later.  Well at about 8:45, my water broke--this was right at the start of half-time in the game--it was then that I realized that there was NO TIME whatsoever for an epidural!  So after a small panic attack and without even a tylenol in my system I truly experienced natural childbirth as she was out in 2 contractions at 8:53 pm.  The baby and I were all cleaned up and moved to our new room at the end of the ASU half-time.  Chris got to watch the rest of the game and ASU WON!!!  What a nice wife I am right???  BTW...ASU again had an afternoon game this year (2012) and yep...they won.  September 29th is a lucky day for them:)

So here is my beautiful little girl in all her birthday glory.  We had a fantastic birthday party with all her friends.  I have learned by experience that over-planning a party always backfires on me.  So my only plan...HUGE beach balls!!!  Everyone got to take one home:)  SUPER fun:


Birthday guest:  Bianca:)



And of course, a Chris obstacle course--which are ALWAYS a huge hit:

Max got a SERIOUS work-out today--he pushed ALL of the guests on the tractor:)

Birthday guest:  Barrett

Birthday guest:  Chloe

PIZZA TIME!:

Barrett. Tatum, & Natalie

And then we all decorated cupcakes!!!

Chloe's Creation:)
Mmmm...Looks good:)
Singing to the Birthday Girl!!!

Presents:
From left to right:  Ryan, Natalie, Sydney, Chloe, Tatum, Bianca, Barrett, and Ella
The doggie door was a HUGE hit with the kiddos--it was their "secret entrance"

And my good friend Nicole came at the end of the party to give Tatum her last gift....PIERCED EARS!!!   My friend Nicole is one of my dearest friends and she always keeps the crazy in my life which is what I love about her the most!  I had NOOOO idea that you can buy the earring gun kits at a beauty supply and pierce your own kids ears at home:)  I was just going to take her to the mall!  But Nicole put in all in perspective when she said, "Buffie....WHO do you REALLY want to pierce your daughters ears...ME (she was an EMT for many years) or a "trained" teenager at the mall.  Okay, okay.  Great point.  Tatum was a SUPER trooper and NOT A TEAR was shed!!!  And now her ears are OOHHH sooooo beautiful!!!
Nicole explaining it all to Tatum:)

I'm a wimp so my mom is holding her head just in case:)

WOO-HOO!!!  NO tears!!!
And later on that night--after Ethan's basketball game and Carlie's rehearsals--BUSY day--we headed out to T.G.I.Friday's which is my kid's favorite place to celebrate their birthdays!!!  (SOOO glad that we've moved on from the McDonald's phase:)


Then we headed over to the San Tan Mall for Tatum's final request of the day:  Build-a-Bear!!!



Tatum's creation which she named "Love"
And we made it!!!  This was the first real party that we had for Tatum and we sure had a BLAST!  I can't believe that my baby is 5!!!  We just love her sooooo much and are sooooo blessed to have her in our family.  LOVE YOU TATUM JANE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your water storage barrel is being put to good use ;) Good thinking on the beach balls!

    ReplyDelete