Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013--Rocky Point

For years and years we have been told how awesome Rocky Point, Mexico is by all of our friends and relatives.  So this year, we decided to find out for ourselves.  We were NOT disappointed!

It was my turn to entertain my parents for Thanksgiving as my sister was with her in-laws so we decided to rent a condo in Mexico for the long weekend.  So we packed up all our food and gear and headed out for Mexico.  Golfing, swimming, eating yummy food, riding 4 wheelers--SOOO MUCH FUN!!!


Mini-Golf Course right outside our condo

My mom brought these HUGE gingerbread men for the kids to decorate:)


Sweet

Pretty

Cute

What?!  Never a dull moment with this kid:)

View from our condo


We were walking distance from the beach.  The boys swam every day.  Tatum collected 3 huge bags of sea shells and everyone else just enjoyed hanging out in the PERFECT weather:)



My little shell-collector:)

This was the COOLEST shell Tatum found all weekend:)

These birds were HUGE and all over the ocean--I hate birds!  
This is what I wanted to do all weekend!  It's been years since I've been on a 4 wheeler!  I loved being in this small town where 4 wheelers are allowed on the roads--kinda like Deming, NM:)  Of course the sand dunes was where all the best 4 wheeling was!

Tatum LOVED 4-wheeling (almost more than me:)

We also rented a Rhino to ride around in:)

Ouch!  The blister from pushing the accelerator button:)  My hands have gotten too soft over the years of city living:)
Just a funny family side note.  If you have ever seen my dad's hands, you know they are MASSIVE!  He has farmed pretty much his whole life.  He can lift bails of hay with no gloves and my husband likes to tell everyone how he takes things out of the oven with NO oven mitt--true:)  Well, he had a wedding ring that he physically could not take off for many, many years.  The ring finally gave out a few years ago and broke off.  My mom really hated that my dad had no ring BUT you can't just walk into a store a buy a size 17 ring!  Well, we found a guy in Mexico that sized a ring just for my dad!!!  This guy ran all over town to each of his stores to find this ring for my dad--and he delivered!!!  He didn't exactly have a size 17 but he found a size 14 and then stretched it.  Yay!  My dad finally has a ring again!!!



We had a lot of fun walking around town shopping.  The locals there are wheelers and dealers for sure.  My kids were a little freaked out about everyone trying to sell you something.  Tatum was asked her name so many times that started telling everyone it was "Lupita."  She looks like a "Lupita" right?  Ethan got his traditional keychain (he gets one every where we go), Carlie and Tatum bought cute 
jewelry, and Max…well he just HAD to have a Luchador mask.  So now he is officially Maxwell Libre!!!  


We seriously had the BEST Thanksgiving ever!  We are going to try and make this a tradition--at least on my Thanksgiving years!  
 


1 comment:

  1. Maybe we should join you in this holiday tradition too! Sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete