Sunday, September 14, 2014

My New Calling:)

So I've been the Girl's Camp Director for the past 3 years.  This year, I had the opportunity to be both the 2nd Counselor AND the Camp Director.  So my life this year has pretty much been all young women--which is actually where I LOVE to be!  I honestly would not want to be anywhere else right now in my life.

After girl's camp this year, I had this feeling of relief because I knew that this was my last year as Camp Director.  I knew I wasn't done with YWs, I was just done in that capacity of YWs.  All summer I kept having feelings about being YW President.  I can honestly say that I had NEVER had feelings like this before with any other calling I've had.  I tried pushing these feelings away A LOT, but I knew.  Can't explain how, I just knew.  So when the call actually came, I wasn't surprised…just OVERWHELMED!  Just because I knew, didn't make the reality of it any easier:)  So I knew immediately who I wanted in as my counselors and secretary--I actually gave those names to my Bishop before I left his office.  These women had been on my mind for months.

So here I am a little over a month into my new calling and while it is super busy and a bit over-whelming, I am SOOO happy and SOOO in love with all these Young Women.  I can't even believe that I am being entrusted with these AMAZING girls.  And my YW board ROCKS!!!  I am surrounded by the absolute BEST women in my ward for this job.

These past couple weeks the girls have been doing flag football.  My dear sweet husband agreed to coach these girls up for 2 weeks of games against other wards.  Look how cute these girls are on week
#1:

During week #2 of flag football, we had record-breaking rain and flooding here in AZ.  So instead of canceling, we just played MUD FOOTBALL--which was WAY more fun!  Here are a few of my most favorite pictures from the night--it's sure great having a professional photographer as one of my counselors:)  
BEFORE picture--Football Beauties:)

BEFORE:  "OHH SCARY" picture:)





Good ol' Coach Meeker took some mud like a man!!!
Such a good sport:)


No comments:

Post a Comment