Monday, April 20, 2015

"World's Most Okayest Mom"

I saw a friend of mine wearing a shirt that said, "World's Okayest Mom" and now I REALLY want one of those shirts for myself!

I was having a crazy week last week with 4 kids needing to go here and there and my husband being out of town.  Well on Thursday, I tried and tried to figure out how to get my youngest daughter, Tatum, to her dance class…but I just COULD NOT get her there without her having to be dropped off an hour early or picked up an hour late.  Well, she was upset with me and I did feel horrible about it UNTIL I got an email the next day:)

This email was from her dance studio informing all the parents of the girls in Tatum's class that there were 2 girls in her class the previous night that had head lice and that we needed to check our daughter's hair for lice--and they were disinfecting the studio, etc…WOW!  Needless to say, I had NO checking to do:)

So what I learned is that we just need to keep doing the best that we can even though we fall short sometimes.  This was a pretty immediate temporal blessing for me and I am SURE glad that this blessing came my way:)  I said LOTS of extra "Thank You"s in my prayers that night:)

So…KEEP DOING THE BEST YOU CAN OUT THERE "World's Okayest Moms!"

No comments:

Post a Comment