Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Max's first BIG LEAD!!!

We had an INSANE week at our home the first week of December!  Chris was preparing to leave for the Pearl Harbor Parade in Hawaii and I had 4 piano recitals coming up.  I had been promising Max that he could audition for another play soon and so I quickly ran to the AYT website and saw they had auditions for Peter Pan and Wendy.  The bulk of the auditions were on Saturday, Dec. 5th but I was so relieved to see that I could get both Max and Tatum in for an early audition that Wednesday--because Saturday was Chris out of town/piano recitals/final softball game day.

So they were out late that Wednesday night.  Max and Tatum both had a great time at the audition.  Tatum kept saying over and over, "Max is going to get Peter Pan--he was SOO funny in his auditions."  I  knew there were over 100 kids trying out for this play and they were only taking 43.  So I did not know what his chances really were.  Max was worried that they wouldn't remember him from Wednesday to Saturday--I was honesty a little worried too but it was the best I could do.

Sunday night...cast list night!  The only thing we knew was that it would be posted by 9 pm.  Well Carlie and I were in stake music rehearsal that night.  We were running past each other as we were switching off places at the pianos when Carlie says in a hushed whisper, "MOM!  MAX GOT PETER PAN!!!"  I asked, "How do you know???"  She said, "ALL my friends keep texting me!!!"

So apparently we were the LAST to know that he got Pan!  As soon as I had a minute in the rehearsal, I quickly scanned the cast list for Tatum's name and sadly, it was not there.  I was SOOO sad to have to tell her but not a tear was shed!  She was SOOO excited for Max and just kept telling us over and over, "I TOLD YOU HE WOULD GET PETER PAN!!!"  So I'm really proud of both of my youngest.  Max for being Max and Tatum for keeping her chin up--ALL 4 of my kids have had the experience of NOT making a play and while it's hard for them, it's 100 times harder on me.  But I know it is so good for them to learn this early on.

Way to go Max, YOU CAN FLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment