Tuesday, March 1, 2016

PETER PAN!!!

To say that the past 3 months have been the BEST months of Max's life would be a HUGE understatement.  He was the star and loved every single minute of every single rehearsal and performance!

I have to admit that I was a nervous wreck during the performance weeks--just as I have been during Carlie's lead performances.  During tech week, these kiddos were kept out late--10:30 pm--on school nights to get this play pulled together.  On Wednesday night that week--the LAST rehearsal--Max came home in tears!  The pressure had caught up to him and he was definitely feeling it!  He also needed to stay healthy because this theatre company does not cast understudies and several of the kids in the cast were sick!!!  

So I kept Max home from school on opening day--Thursday, Feb. 4th--sleeping in, drinking LOTs of water/OJ, and oiled up with "On Guard."  We had a very relaxing day at home.  I took him to get his favorite lunch--a pretzel with cheese and a soda from QT.  I sent his teacher at school an email letting her know why I was keeping him home.  Ms. Askins was SOOOO awesome and understanding.  She actually had the entire class sign a huge sheet of green paper wishing him good luck on opening night.  She sent it up to the theatre with another teacher that was coming on opening night--Ms. Askins came on Saturday night:)  Seriously brought tears to my eyes and meant the world to Max.  I was there on opening night (NOT breathing properly because I was SOOOOOO nervous for him!)  and Max did A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  Not missing a single cue, line, dance step, or song!  

I ended up seeing 5 of the 8 performances--I would have seen them all but I was required to help backstage and in the lobby sometimes:)  Max was very calm, collect, and by golly "professional" up there.  Each performance just got better and better--AND he stayed 100% HEALTHY the entire time!!!  YAHOO!!!  

Closing night was HILARIOUS!  During intermission of the last show, Carlie was called out to ask my permission for Tiger Lily to kiss Max on the cheek during their "Blood Brothers" performance.  I of course gave 2 big thumbs up and anxiously awaited.  Apparently EVERYONE EXCEPT Max knew that this kiss was going to happen.  All of the Meekers were there and were on the edge of our seats when it happened....OH MY GOSH!  Max barely kept it together and was definitely freaked out and seriously blushing!  We were ALL laughing so hard.  When poor Max got off stage, all the other actors rushed in on him asking him all about "the kiss" which caused him to miss a cue to crow--but the backstage guys covered it for him:)  (Only I could tell it was NOT Max crowing:)  Thankfully he recovered quickly and made it back on stage for his next cue.  Closing night is when everyone goes a little "off script" while hamming it up and adding extra stuff--like in the final fight scene between Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Max & Brandon had planned for Hook's wig to fall off as part of their fight and once again, we were laughing hysterically!  So closing night was my hands down favorite--Tiger Lily kissed Max AGAIN at the curtain call so he was kissed TWICE that night by a teenage girl:)  Stud.

Max proved to me that he is a boy that can handle a lot.  He balanced school, scouts, campouts, rehearsals, and performances.  He didn't just do okay, HE ROCKED IT ALL!  I am just incredibly proud of my little guy :)

We had a ton of friends and family come and support him in this play--friends/teachers from school, church, and neighbors all came out to see Max as Peter Pan.  I am ever so grateful for these good people who helped make this an amazing experience for him.  

As I think over just these past few months, I am so grateful to live in an area like we do.  My kids have had AMAZING opportunities in their lives that I never had in mine--softball and plays just to name two.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not cut out for "big city living" but times like this, I know I'm right where I should be and I am grateful to have been lead here.



Peter Pan and Nibbs (Eric)

Black-eyed Tom (Remington)


Peter Pan and his Shadow (Aylse)
with Mandy photobomb:)

Peter Pan and Shadow
with Kobi photobomb:)

Mr. Smee (Grant)

Grown Wendy (Emma)
Not sure how I feel about teenage girls
hugging my young son:)

John (Noah), Wendy (Emmie), Michael (Will)
& Nana (Hailey)--The Darling Family

Captain Hook (Brandon)

Peter Pan and the Mermaids
My FAVORITE picture of this show
Again, not sure how I feel about teenage girls
oohing and aweing over my little guy:)


This show is a "legacy" show and this is the 3rd time
AYT has performed this show.  Here in this
picture are several member of the previous cast.

Max on Adam's shoulders
Adam was Peter Pan 5 years ago
Wendy (Emmie)

Tinkerbelle (Kembri)
Every show has a "Denny's" night where the cast stays out extra late to eat at Denny's together.  ALWAYS a great time!

I think this table could have held a few more...

Again...NOT crazy about teenage girls hugging my boy!
He was a celebrity outside with lots of kids
wanting pictures with Peter Pan



Friends:



Alex, Korin, & Tristian
2 Best friends from school--Evan & Connor
and the Gratton Family

Mark!

Bishop & Mark
Even Carlie's friends came to see him!
Kayleah!

Big Peter Pan and Little Peter Pan
Adam:)

Ms. Askins & Parker--from school!
MORE CAST PICS:

Max & Tiger Lily (Kalei)

Mandy

Lacie

Tiger Lily (Kalei) & Doughnut (Kobi)

Shadow/Pirate Starkey (Alyse)

Mr. Smee (Grant) & John (Noah)

No comments:

Post a Comment