Sunday, July 17, 2016

Camping with the Parks!

So I only "thought" I got out of camping this year when I was released from my calling in YWs--NOPE!  My good friend, Danika, talked us in to going camping with her family--which truth be told, this is the ONLY way I would have gone camping, with other friends to suffer alongside me.

We picked a campground about 3 hours away and it turned out to be a REALLY great weekend to get out of the valley as our temperatures were 110+ degrees for a week and a half.  The weather was PERFECT where we went and we sure had a great time.

The Whole Gang


I think my dog, Rocco, found a new love--the outdoors!  He was seriously cracking us up the whole time.  Check him out:






We spent 3 days and 2 nights eating lots of yummy food, hanging out, LOTS of dog-walking, and driving around enjoying the cooler weather and being outside!  We even got some light rain--which was great for us!  We spent a good portion of our 2nd day there searching for crawdads.  It took us 3 different lakes but by golly, we finally found some by the end of the day.





The boys were the only ones brave enough to touch these ugly things:)  Mission accomplished!




So even though camping is NOT my first choice of vacationing.....I have to admit it was pretty darn fun!  A BIG thanks to the Parks for getting us out camping this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment