Friday, May 14, 2021

Shrek & Fiona--Foster Pups

     More foster pups from the Rez.  I got a call from another lady wanting to help up these two pups on the Rez who had just lost their momma to Animal Control.  I had the missionaries pick them up for me.  Seriously got these two in the nick of time.  They were a little older than the ones I usually get--they were closer to 6 months old--and the little girl was EXTREMELY sick.  She was throwing up everything--could not even hold water down.  But I could see she was a fighter.  So I dug into my medicine cabinet and found a bottle of powdered penicillin--the kind you add water to for children--and I mixed it up and started her on it immediately while I waited for the shelter to be able to fit her in for her shots/deworming.  Immediate improvement within 24 hours.  It's been awhile since I've had to pull a pup back from death's door but so glad that I got her when I did and that I had the medicine on hand.  (Gonna hit Mexico up again soon so I can have that stuff on hand all the time!). These two pups were so dang cute, they were adopted within the weekend that they went in.  



Shrek--male


Fiona--female



No comments:

Post a Comment