Sunday, July 18, 2021

Meeker Family Vacay 2021--Myrtle Beach!

 

    We were looking forward to a few slower-paced days on the beach--Myrtle Beach.  It's a place that's been on our bucket list for awhile now.  And honestly...it was "meh."  The ocean itself is definitely nicer than any California ocean--warmer.  But it's a very popular "touristy" place for sure.  A little "too peopley" for my taste but hey, I've seen it, done it, and bought a t-shirt:)
    While we were there, we hit up a "Pirates Voyage" show.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this show.  There was the expected cheesy singing/dancing/storyline show but I was not expecting a full-on acrobatic show complete with trick animals--trained parrots, sea lions, and dogs!!!  So anytime animals are involved...I'm a fan.  Max didn't like how the night ended with "we are ALL winners and there's enough treasure for everyone" because clearly our pirate team (the Crimson team) was the best (and cheaters but no one cares as long as we win right:)!💀


Spectacular Pirate Boat set

    Mini-Golf was a popular thing to do here so we decided that we had to give it a go!  Lots of places to choose from but we chose the "Peter Pan" golf course--because one time a long time ago, Max was Peter Pan:). Chris whipped us on both courses but Max managed to get a few holes in one--I got 1 hole in one but ended up in LAST place both courses:)







    We decided to go out of the super touristy area of Myrtle Beach over to Murrell's Inlet for a Banana Boat ride.  I've seen these rides in many places over the years but had never actually taken on myself.  SOOO MUCH FUN!!!  Oh my gosh!  Our driver was CRAZY.  We were all thrown off our boat at least 3 times--Max was thrown 5 times AND was stung by a jellyfish--TWICE!!!  Poor Max!  The ghosts AND jellyfish can't keep their hands off him😂. 


The Banana Boat place has a resident cat.


The photo I was too cheap to buy!
    

    So the Banana Boat ride was the clear favorite activity in Myrtle Beach.  I'm pretty sure I got whiplash and was crazy sore in places I've never been sore before but TOTALLY WORTH IT!  

No comments:

Post a Comment