Wednesday, July 6, 2022

College Buds

    You know it's a good year when you get to see some of your most FAVORITE PEOPLE OF ALL TIME TWICE!!!  Last July, we were able to meet up with Jill & Rob in South Carolina on our trip and then they were on our side of the US this summer so we met up again--and this time we got a picture!!!

    Jill and I kinda knew each other growing up because the Deming Ward was part of the Silver City Stake in NM.  So we had some interactions with each other at Girls Camp and other events but not a lot.  Well, it was the middle of my 2nd year at NMSU and I was facing some tough decisions.  Things with my long time/high school boyfriend were NOT going well.  I had been rooming with my best friend from high school but she was getting married at Christmas--and we were kinda getting tired of each other too.  I was also trying to decide if I should transfer to UNM because they had the major I wanted and at this point I had actually already applied to UNM, been accepted, and got my credits all transferred.  But when I went up to Albuquerque for a campus visit, I left in tears because I hated it!  I couldn't explain why, I just couldn't see myself there.  So my mind was ALL over the place and I just couldn't make a decision.  Then one day at church, Jill walked up to me and asked what I was doing the next semester for a roommate--because she knew mine was getting married.  I told her that I was most likely going to just keep my dorm and pay the "single" rate.  That's when she asked, "Can I live with you???"  I of course said "YES!" and in an instant, my mind felt at ease.  I knew I was staying at NMSU and I knew that I would be living with Jill.  She was an answer to my prayers.

    That semester living in our huge "barn room" (#207 Rhodes Hall) was probably my most favorite semester ever.  Jill was a fabulous roomie and because I was living with her, this strange boy from New York hung around A LOT too😉. Rob and Jill were just so awesome to be around and boy we had lots of laughs and FUN that semester.  Then Rob left on his mission to France and I was able to talk Jill into moving in again with me for the next year in Apartment #2.  So all in all I got to live with Jill for 1.5 years and I consider her one of my bestest friends of all time.  Just love her (and "Slobby Robby) to pieces and was so glad to see them TWICE in a year.  


Jill, Tara (another roomie from Apt 2), & Me


Rob, Jill, Tara, & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment