Sunday, June 20, 2010

Carlie's 10th Birthday Luau!!!


I can't believe that I have a 10 year-old daughter! SERIOUSLY!!! She should be like 4! Ugghhh!!!! They just keep on growing don't they! Well, we had our usual pool party--the ONLY thing to do for a summer birthday! Carlie decided to only invite girls this year. Her party guests included: Arianna Braun, Claire Mushet, Abbygale Grant, Maya Koehnemann, Madison Parry, Emily Havey, Grandpa & Grandma Knoop, and Grandma Donna.



I had soo much fun decorating the cake this year! I found several ideas online and I just kinda combined them all. Carlie LOVED the cake too! She said, "Mom....that's not food....THAT"S ART!!!" (I sure did appreciate that comment:)

My mom and dad came up from NM to celebrate with us. No need to hire a magician or clown when my dad is around. He's total entertainment on his own!!! Those girls were BRUTAL to him and he LOVED every minute of it! Poor old guy!



So the party pretty much went like this:
SWIM:
EAT PIZZA:
HULA-HOOP AND BUBBLES:

Ethan cracked us up! We had NO idea that he was such a talented hula-hooper!!!! He just kept going and going and going!!! (Too bad this won't get him into college:)

SWIM:

EAT CAKE & OPEN PRESENTS:




SWIM AGAIN!!!

So it was a very HAPPY day for our girl! We just love her tons and tons and can't imagine our lives without her!!!

Oh yeah...it is also my 1 year birthday for BLOGGING!!! My first post every last year was Carlie's 9th birthday! So Happy 1st blogging birthday to me! Wish I would have started years earlier!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Carlie! Noah's bday is this week; swim parties are so fun and that's almost always what we do for Noah's too.

    I know what you mean about blogging! I started 3+ years ago but wish SO badly that I had being doing it when I was still having babies... such a great way to journal the kids' progress with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a fun birthday party! i love that grampa took it like a man, lol, that's so awesome! happy birthdy carlie :) p.s. that means you have a really old mother, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Carlie had a splashing good birthday! I can't believe she's 10, you were 9 months pregnant with her when Rob and I got married, I still remember how cute and pregnant you looked at our wedding! Good to see your dad is still the same good sport as always - tell your parents hello - I'll always love the Knoop family!

    ReplyDelete