Sunday, July 10, 2011

We conquered CAMPING!!!


Okay! As if we haven't been busy enough these past 2 weeks, my hubby was DETERMINED to go camping! Well, we attempted this last year and failed--we froze our butts off and then got rained out:) So I was less than excited to go for it again but I was going to be a good, supportive wife:)

So we came home from NM and slept ONE night in our nice comfy beds and then packed up to Christopher Creek. We hit MAJOR rain in Payson and I was ready to turn around, but we kept going. A lot of the campgrounds are closed right now because of the fires but we found a place and set up camp--and no rain in sight:)

The weather was actually perfect--NO rain the whole 2 1/2 days there and as much as I hate to admit it, I really enjoyed the time away from EVERYTHING!!! No schedules/piano/homework/jobs!!!



We even brought our dogs: (Mimmie & Ringo)



We passed a truck that had our dog's name on it--we thought it was pretty funny:)


My son Ethan turned 9 in February which means he advanced to "Bear" rank in Cub Scouts. We've had his book since then as well and I'm embarrassed to say that we JUST cracked it open for the FIRST time this past weekend:) But we opened it and passed off 16 requirements in those couple days!!! WOO HOO!!! We actually spent a LOT of time teaching our kids all kinds of stuff--knots, outdoor cooking, hiking, photography--things that are soo simple, I just never take the time to do it!

Here are some of my favorite pictures taken by my kids:

Carlie taking a pic of herself with Max and Ringo:


Ethan's handy camera work:


Max's best pic:


And yes...even Tatum took pictures (Max just "happens" to end up in most of the pictures--go figure:)


And once again....DIVA in her stylin' Hello Kitty duds:)


This was probably the boys most favorite activity of camping: CRAWDAD HUNTING!!!



DAD: The Crawdad Hunter!!! The boys were SOO proud of him:)


So like I said, we had a FABULOUS time. Do I consider myself a camper now? Umm....heck no! But I definitely enjoyed the time with my family:)

2 comments:

  1. Bravo for camping, Buffie! Fun family times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know our new Bear leader is familiarizing herself with the Bear scout book! :)

    ReplyDelete