Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week of Miracles

I seriously had the CRAZIEST week last week--Dec. 5th-11th.  And as I've reflected over it these past few days, I realized that I had experienced miracles EVERY single day last week and would be very ungrateful if I didn't acknowledge them!

Monday, Dec. 5th:  Chris left for his event in Hawaii early this morning.  On top of my regular workload, I needed to get Tatum to an audition up at Heritage Academy at 4:30 pm.  I did have a couple days notice on this and Miracle #1--I was able to re-arrange/reschedule several of my Monday students to another day so that I could take Tatum to her audition that she was so excited about.  We went, she rocked it:)

Tuesday, Dec. 6th:  Once again, single parent with my normal workload and teaching schedule.  I had to get Carlie to get labs done today, Tatum had a softball party this night, Max had rehearsals, and Ethan had a band concert.  Miracles #2, #3, #4, & #5--Tatum was able to catch a ride to her party.  Max was able to carpool to rehearsals. I was able to make it to Ethan's band concert.  Carlie got her labs done and was battling a cold but was still able to pick up theatre kids to bring them home:)

Wednesday, Dec. 7th:  I get a call early that morning from Chris in Hawaii asking for extra prayers that the rain would stay away long enough for the parade to go on without a hitch.  It was a huge year for them--the 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor--and it was the rainiest week all over the Hawaiian islands.  They had hundreds of people there to perform.  So we prayed that morning for them.  I went to the Temple and put their names on the prayer roll.  Miracle #6--Despite the 80% chance of rain all day, the weather could not have been more perfect for their parade.  Not a single drop!  It poured the rest of the time but the parade went perfectly!  We had a crazy night at home with Carlie and Ethan at different places for mutual.  Max at home and Tatum with me at Activity Days.  And then, a music practice at my house.  Miracle #7--I stayed sane this day:)

Thursday, Dec. 8th:  We are all thoroughly exhausted by this day.  We're doing everything we know to keep the girl's colds at bay--Airborne, Zinc, oils, etc...  Miracles #8 & #9--We made it to Carlie's dermatologist appointment this morning.  I was able to find a ride for Max to band this morning (band was at the same time as the appointment)--he could not miss this practice this morning because his concert was that night.  After teaching piano, we all loaded up in the car to grab Chick-fil-A for dinner before heading over to Max's concert--I was sooooo over cooking at this point this week:)  Miracles #9 & #10--we made it to the concert that went well AND we got emails letting us know that Carlie and Tatum had callbacks for Les Miserables on Saturday morning!!!  Miracle #11--Tatum had a softball tournament game on Saturday morning too and I was worried that we would have to pull her out of callbacks early--which would NOT help her chances of being cast.  Her game was 10:15 and she needed to be at the field at 9:30.  All I knew was that callbacks were 9-11 am that morning.  BUT the young girls (there were 10 called back out of 25) were only needed from 8:30-9:00 am.  SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!!  I almost cried right there!

Friday, Dec. 9th:  Normal day--my carpool driving day, Carlie at work, Ethan hanging out with his friend, etc...I went to the Temple that night for our ward session.  Miracle #12--we had 28 ward members show up!!!  It was an amazing turn out!  I went back to change and checked my phone.  I had a text from Max telling me that Tatum was throwing up.  So I skipped the ward social afterwards to get home to my sick daughter.  She would go on to throw up another 4 times this night.  I was up with her at 11 pm when my husband got home from his flight.  Miracle #13--He was able to give her a blessing right then and there as she had a HUGE morning ahead of her.

Saturday, Dec. 10th:  CRAZY morning.  Max had rehearsals (thank goodness for our theatre carpool), Tatum and Carlie had callbacks AND Tatum had a big game.  After a LONG night, Tatum was super determined to make it to where she needed to be.  So with a single cracker in her stomach, we headed off to call-backs.  Miracle #14--She ROCKED it again!!!  Carlie stayed for the next 2 hours of callbacks.  Miracle #15--Her cold did not affect her singing and she ROCKED it too!  Then off to Tatum's game.  I kept a bag of snacks for her hoping that she would be able to eat a little more. She put on a brave (but pale) face and Miracle #16--had one of her best games ever!  She was hitting like a boss and making outs at first like a boss and she even caught a pop-fly.  It was a heck of a game but her team did end up losing by 2 points.  But that was okay because Tatum was then able to come home and take a much needed 2 hour nap.

Miracle #18--my girls were BOTH cast in their dream roles Saturday afternoon.  Carlie will be Eponine and Tatum will be Young Eponine.

Sunday, Dec. 11th:  Miracle #19--Neither Carlie or Tatum were at their best on Sunday but they had a performance to do.  They sang "Were You There On That Christmas Night?"  And they were amazing as always.  I sent them home after sacrament as they both needed down time.

Whew...I am exhausted after thinking through this past week again.  How grateful I am to be past it and how grateful I am that I learned that Heavenly Father knows me.  He knows my children.  He knows what is important to us.  I seriously carried a prayer in my heart every minute of every day last week and He strengthened me and blessed me as I trusted Him to help carry me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment