Sunday, January 14, 2018

Meekers/Knoops Kick Off the New Year in Mexico!!!

We have LOVED our trips to Rocky Pointe over the years.  My older brother and his family wanted to join us this year.  We usually go at Thanksgiving but it worked out better for all of us to meet in Mexico in January.  So we celebrated the New Years in the states and then headed south of the border on January 2nd.

My mom ended up not coming at all because she's had a rough go lately with her health so she stayed in NM.  That did not stop my dad from heading out for a week with the grandkids--he being the BIGGEST kid himself!  We rented a huge house right on the beach and settled in for 4 days of rest/relaxation/and who knew...ADVENTURE!!!

My brother took this pic with his drone.
GORGEOUS sunset on our first night there!

I forgot to take a pic of the house
but this was our backyard!!!
The house had kayaks for us to use.  So my kids enjoyed kayaking out in the ocean while singing "How Far I'll Go" from Moana!



The weather was mid-70s all week!  PERFECT!!!  We hit the town to go shopping and to eat some of the local cuisine--the seafood here is THE BEST!  I could eat it everyday!!!




In the house we enjoyed time together playing board games, puzzles, and movies every night.

Carlie was the REAL hero putting
this puzzle together nearly completely on her own!
We just let the others "think" they were helpful:)
This was the first time in Mexico that there was a Zipline course!!!  It was K.C. and Carolynn's idea and so we all went!  I had NEVER zip-lined before and I LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!!  It was a blast!  We were the largest group they had had up to this point so they took lots of pictures of us and apparently we'll be on their website as soon as it is up and going:)  Who knows when that will be--it's Mexico.  Things move at a much slower pace there:)

All suited up and ready to go!!!






Grandpa & the grandkids!!!

He helped drive the truck up the mountain:)


Our view from up on top of the Zip Line course.


Go Meekers!!!

GO PAPA!!!

The WHOLE gang!!!

Ethan's skinny little body didn't quite carry him far enough so he had to be "rescued."  Funny note:  our guide, Fernando, was kinda handsome (PERFECT white teeth and big muscles:).  After my sister-in-law saw the video of Tatum being rescued she said, "Dang...wish I would have hit my breaks to soon so that I could have been rescued too:)  We just had the best time cheering each other on--a couple of the younger ones were a little scared--including Tatum.  I told her that if she can ride every roller coaster she sees, then she can definitely zip-line.  She did it and had a blast!




We spent our last evening having dinner together at my new most favorite restaurant, "Wrecked."  I will DEFINITELY be eating here again--BEST SHRIMP EVER!!!


We may have just landed on a family tradition that we will make sure happens again!  We always have the best time in Rocky Pointe.  Seriously one of my most favorite vacation spots.





























No comments:

Post a Comment