Sunday, January 28, 2018

MLK Day at the Ostrich Ranch!

We wanted to do something together as a family on Martin Luther King Day.  So I suggested that we head out to the Rooster Coghorn Ostrich Ranch!  It had been about 6 years since we had last been here and boy has it changed!  There was so much more to do/see/feed!  Donkeys, rabbits, ducks, and even sting rays.  

Donkeys:  These things were CRAZY!!!  They made the funniest faces trying to get the food from our hands!




Next we fed the sweet reindeer:



Next were goats!!!  We called them the "Walking Dead Goats!"  It was kinda creepy the way they were trying to get out of the holes for food.  Max even "kissed" a goat--he was the only brave one:)






These little parakeets were a new addition too.  We just fed them through the fence--no birds landing on us here:)





And the main attraction--the Ostriches!!!  I dared my kids to get a selfie with an ostrich.  Poor Ethan tried and got his ear bit!!!  


He stuck with feeding the nearby goat after the bite:)

Sheep:


Rabbits:






Ducks:



Larikeets--My least favorite for sure!!!  Chris snapped pictures of me in the Larikeet cage.  I look pretty ridiculous!  Thank goodness I can laugh at myself because I sure failed at facing my bird fears:)






Tatum likes the birds about as much as me:)





LOOK AT CARLIE JUST LAUGHING AT ME!!!
RUDE!!!



Creepy Bird eyeing me!
This image haunts my dreams:)


The Sting Rays!!!  Still kinda creepy but way cool!!!







It took some serious coaxing to get Tatum to do this!!!



 

Seriously the best way to spend some fun family together time!!!  Absolutely worth the drive!






































No comments:

Post a Comment