Sunday, September 27, 2020

Fun Lunch Date with April!

    Just wanted to post this memory because man...this is the hardest I've laughed in MONTHS!!!  I have known April J. for 10+ years.  I have taught all 4 of her kids AND her husband piano (and still teach her 3 girls).  Even when they moved to Michigan for two years, we FaceTimed lessons every week until they moved back.  So we have a long history and she is one of my dearest friends.

    This past week, we went to lunch at Morenos (we both LOVE their salsa and shrimp toro tacos).  While we were at lunch, April received a text from a man at a Home Depot in Mesa who had just received permission to sell her the floor model of a Halloween decoration.  (I was the one who told her to check out the Home Depot Halloween decor this year because it was pretty cool). The decoration is a $300 12 foot skeleton.  They have been SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE!!!  There is even a FB page dedicated to people trying to find these skeletons to buy and how they set them up in their yards.  People have driven hours and hours to find these things.  So April of course asks me, "Should I do this?"  And my answer is, "YES!!!  MOST DEFINITELY."  So off she drove to Mesa to pick up the skeleton (which she ended up getting a 20% discount on because there was no box so it really was a steal--they are currently selling on Ebay for $1800!)  She texted me asking if she could "hide" the skeleton in my garage over night until she could break the news to her hubby.  Once again, I answered, "YES!!! MOST DEFINITELY!"  So here we are "hiding the body."  



    She broke the news to her husband and all was good.  Her girls were SOO DANG EXCITED and they picked him up promptly the next day.

    So let this be a cautionary tale to all husbands who let their wives hang out with me...my answer to anything having to do with Halloween (and puppies) will ALWAYS be "YES!!! YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD!"  You have been warned...😂👻💀🐶


No comments:

Post a Comment