Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lola Visits Xander

     Probably my most favorite litter of all time was the litter I had last November/December--my reindeer litter.  I just LOVED every single one of these 11 puppies.  I kept Lola and when I went to the shelter to pick her up after her surgery, I met the nicest couple who was at the shelter picking out their pup.  (They are HUGE donors to the shelter so they had first pick--they initially asked to see my pup but was quickly told that she was unavailable:). So they had narrowed down to 3 other pups and they had them in all one room.  I walked in to get my pup and I was introduced to this couple as the foster mom.  They had a hundred and one questions for me instantly so I stayed and helped them narrow their choice down to "Donner," the beautiful chocolate lab with the blue eyes.  Well, this same couple already had a trip planned to Canada over Christmas and they once again sought me out--getting my personal info from the shelter after I said it was okay--and asked if I would keep their pup while they were gone.  Of course I did and a great friendship has developed since then.  We send each other texts/pictures/updates regularly.  

    We decided to get these two together again.  So Lola, Tatum, and I loaded up to go to Tempe to visit Xander and his family.  WOW...this dog is living in style!  He lives in this super posh condo right on Tempe Townlake.  He goes to "doggie day care" 3 days a week so that his owners can have time to pursue their hobbies--painting and marathon running.  We got there and met Barry at their complex, we parked in the underground garage and then hopped on the elevator--Lola's first elevator ride:)--which opened up right into their condo.  The two were SOOO excited to see each other.  It was instant connection and sibling love again.  

    After lots of wrestling, we headed down to the lake for them to play in the water.  Lola actually jumped right in!!!  I could't believe it!  All of the training (maybe torture?) that my boys did this summer worked!!!  She loved the water and was showing Xander a few tricks!  

My dog has a crooked tongue...






    We had a great time and had two REALLY TIRED pups afterwards.  I'm so glad that I am able to keep up with a few of these sweet pups I took off the Reservation almost a year ago.  Makes my heart happy:)






No comments:

Post a Comment