Saturday, June 26, 2021

BYU Softball Camp 2021

     Oh gosh how I MISSED this trip last year and I could hardly wait for the girl's trip to UT this year!!!  So Amber and I headed up to BYU with our girls for softball camp.  We were excited to be escaping the 117 degree weather in AZ but were headed to 100 degrees in UT (which is arguably quite similar:). Well, our flight was delayed twice before we even left AZ which made us late to BYU so we were a little frazzled upon arrival but managed to get the girls all checked in and onto their teams--for the first time in 3 camps, they FINALLY got onto the same team!!!  So they were pretty excited about that:)  Tatum also had some teammates from Heritage up at camp too--Kallie B., Kierstin B., Riley N., and Dakota S.  So how could they not have fun right???

    Both Amber and I have adult children in Provo so we got to spend a ton of time with them (and use their cars too:). Carlie, Brooklyn, and Clayton didn't seem to mind having us around--they were fed well AND I was able to take Carlie out for birthday manis/pedis and some clothes shopping as well.  And we all went to see "In the Heights" at the movie theatre our last night there--it was AWESOME!!!  We also had another friends with us this year--Kati H.  Oh my goodness!!!  I've known Kati and Amber for about 15 years now and we just had the BEST TIME laughing, staying up way too late, and hanging out together shopping.  We had so much dang fun that we forgot to get a selfie of the 3 of us:(. But I just love and admire these great women and thoroughly enjoyed being with them this week.  It was just the friend refresher I needed after a year of COVID life.  These women make me want to be a better person and I just love them for that.

    Because of the heat, it seemed that the girls weren't outside as much so we didn't get to see a ton of the playing--they have underground batting cages and workout areas.  But the little we did see was great.  


This is what I get when I try to take a
pic of the cute hair Chloe did...





Aly--Tatum's team coach

    But the best part of camp is ALWAYS the social stuff.  Tatum & Chloe had the best time with their counselors and their group of girls.  

  






    
    So after a long hot week, our flight was once again delayed twice...we did NOT hit the jackpot on the Allegiant flights this year.  But honestly we had a great week.  We squeezed in so much and had a blast while doing it.  I think Tatum and I basically slept for 2 days afterwards to catch up:)



No comments:

Post a Comment