Sunday, December 11, 2022

Our new dog--"Honcho"

    Well, we went about a month with Lola being an only dog and it didn't go well.  She was lonely and tried to leave with us every time we went out to the garage to go anywhere.  I joined a couple "re-homing" groups on Facebook to start looking for a playmate for her.  Normally I would have just picked a new puppy out of my next litter but since I took my job at Heritage this year, I just don't have time to train a new puppy--and I'm taking this year off of puppy fostering.  I needed an "instant" good dog.  After about a month of watching....I found one!!!  

    Meet "Honcho."  He is a 105 pound Lab/Vizsla/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix and a 100% goofy good boy.  We fell in love with him instantly.  He was well-loved before but his owners were having to move into a smaller apartment and Honcho was a little too big to go with them.  He's such a happy dog and have just fit in perfectly into our home.  Just check him out:













    To illustrate what a good boy this dog is, I will tell you what we came home to last Sunday.  It had rained all day on Saturday and we have an area in our yard by our pool that we tore the decking out of this summer as the wood was rotting.  We need to get some more concrete/decking poured but just haven't gotten to it yet.  So it was a huge mud pit.  Lola looses her mind with mud.  It had been a really LONG weekend and I was really looking forward to a nice Sunday nap...

    
So do you see the difference of the amount of mud on Lola verses Honcho???  That tiny spot of mud on the back of his ear is all that I found on him!  He probably only got that much on him when he was trying to tell her to GET OUT of the mud!






     Thankfully Chris was out of town and I had Max and Tatum home to help me--it took Max about 45 minutes to get all that mud out of her fur😅 Tatum and I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning.  No naps but I guess it was a least a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment