Sunday, December 11, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

    We spent another great Thanksgiving at my little brother's house in Spanish Fork, UT.  My dad came with us this year.  We flew this year because Chris's company had a ton of Frontier flight credit to use up before then end of the year.  I was a little nervous to fly the day before Thanksgiving but it was actually a pleasant experience with on-time flights both ways.  

HILARIOUS airport story and how I WISH I had a video:  We landed in Salt Lake City.  Chris and Tatum hurried on ahead to get our rental car.  Max and I hung back to walk slower with Papa Frank.  We came up thru the security area there was a HUGE crowd of people most obviously waiting for a Missionary to return.  There were signs, balloons, banners, & video cameras (one camera looked like a news station camera).  We were walking through this crowd feeling a little awkward because we were definitely not who they were waiting for when Max says out loud, "Is this ALL for me???  HOW did you know I was coming!!!  OH MY GOSH I LOVE UTAH!!!"  With that several people began applauding and cheering for him--it was loud enough that Chris and Tatum heard the cheering all the way over in baggage claim.  I was just laughing and saying "Please don't encourage the kid..."  Max just knows how to work a crowd.

    We ate LOTS of good food and just had a great time being together.  Travis started a new tradition of "Ugly Thanksgiving Shirts."  Not sure how to ever top these but I'll have to try.  My shirt has a picture of a goose and it says, "Geese are kinda my thing!"  This is just in reference to my traumatic childhood experiences growing up with geese--I HATE THEM more than any other animals on the planet.  When the Bible talks about "flying fiery serpents" I'm pretty sure they were describing geese.  Travis loves to tease me about this every chance he gets.  But hey, I'm a good sport so I proudly wore that awful shirt all day:)



    Travis's kids just got a new karaoke machine that we got to listen to all weekend long.  But here's a cute video of Taylee singing "I See the Light" (from Tangled) with Max.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment