Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hershey, PA

Day 9 (Thursday, July 16, 2009):  Our vacation was quickly coming to an end but we saved the best for last (in the kids' opinion).  Hershey is the most beautiful and clean town I have ever seen.  Milton Hershey was an amazing man and did many great things.  As he and his wife were never able to have children, he has made a great place for children everywhere.  There is an orphanage and a boarding school for under-privileged children, the whole town smells like chocolate, AND Hershey park is THE BEST amusement park I have every been to!  (I think it kicks Disney's butt)  We were not dressed appropriately for the park as we quickly noticed that we were one of the very few people not wearing a swimsuit.  Chris ran back to our hotel to remedy the situation as the amusement park also had a huge water park right in the middle of it all!  So we spent the ENTIRE day being wet!  We would dry off long enough to go on a few rides and then head back to the water slides to cool off!  We even got rained on for about 20 minutes during our day there--but that was all the rain we experienced our entire trip back east so we are not complaining, it just added to our "wetness."  But it was soo much fun.  I can't remember the last time I was at a water park going down huge water slides!  It's been years!  And it was just soo much fun being around a bunch of people who didn't care about their hair, make-up, or clothes!  I know by the end of the day I was looking pretty ratty but I was enjoying every minute of my time there!  This was the kids' favorite place--hands down.  Even Tatum couldn't get enough of the water slides.  Here are some pics of our experience:


No comments:

Post a Comment