Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heading Home!!!

Day 10 (Friday, July 17, 2009):  We packed up and headed off to Philadelphia.  But before this we went to Lancaster, PA--Amish Country.  It was really interesting to see the Amish people in their horse and buggies and to see them plowing fields by hand.  I have to admit that I am somewhat envious of these people because they really have their priorities straight--family first no matter what and anything that takes away from that (electricity for example) is not necessary.  I'm not saying that I want to go without electricity myself but I often think about how crazy and busy my life is on a day-to-day basis and how I'd love to slow down a bit.  Not really sure how to do that at this point in time but I can definitely appreciate what the Amish are striving to do.  Here are some pics of us in Kettle Village.  The kids had a great time decorating gingerbread men at the Amish cookie store: (Max said his gingerbread man was bitten by a wolf!)


Well!!!  What an AMAZING time we had!  I can't believe how amazingly well this trip went!  We had SOO MUCH fun and it was nice to be out of AZ during one of the hottest months of the year.  I was afraid that we would all be tired of each other by the end of the trip but we can't stop talking about what we want to do next summer.  I am soo grateful to now have so many more wonderful memories with my family and can't wait to create some more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment