Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Fun!!!

We once again headed to Deming, NM for this year's 4th of July celebration where we have soo much fun with family, food, and of course fireworks--in that order!  My dad, Frank Knoop, is in charge of the fireworks show in the little town of Deming (and has been for 22 years now). Chris likes to go because he gets to play with fire and light off huge explosives.  Me....I get the 4 grumpy, tired kids (by 9 p.m. when the show starts, they can be pretty darn grumpy).  But this year was soo much more fun because my little brother just moved back to NM from living in North Carolina for 4 years and so we got to hang out with Uncle Travis, Aunt Stephanie, and their daughter, Sabey.  Here's the kids in their traditional matching Old Navy $5 tees!
As you can see, Tatum wasn't cooperating!  She was more interested in keeping her purple high heel dress-up shoes on!  



Here are some pics of Carlie, Max, and Sabey on the trampoline at Papa Frank's house!


My parents had some freshly hatched baby birds on their front porch!  Soo cute!!!


This Ethan trying to show Sabey how to play the "Fusion Dome."  This is Ethan's all-time favorite game--I don't think Sabey appreciated it that much!

Family fun in Deming always centers around good food!  My older sister, Anne, is a fabulous cook and ALWAYS has good food for everyone.  We also eat out quite a bit.  Our most favorite mexican food restaurant, Si Senor, was closed on the 4th so we had to settle for Pizza Hut--the best pizza in my opinion but still a let down from New Mexican mexican food (oh well, next time!) 
Papa Frank and Tatum!

Carlie and Cousin Sabey!!!

And here are some pics of the big show--I was just messing around with some of the settings on my camera but I got a few decent shots!


And DEFINITELY do not watch this short video clip if you cannot appreciate the rantings of my crazy mother--love her to death but she is a bit much at times!!!  (LOVE YOU MOM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment