Friday, November 20, 2009

Eventful Thursday!!!

Wow!  What a night here at the Meeker house.  Our Ethan FINALLY lost his first tooth!  I am pretty darn sure that he was the only 2nd grader that has not yet lost a tooth!  And it was no easy feat either!  He didn't get his first tooth until he was about 14 months old so we knew that he would lose his teeth late too.  I had just spoken to my dentist's wife this morning about taking Ethan in to see Dr. Welch on Friday because that tooth HAD to come out--because the other one was coming in fast--and he was not letting us help!  Frustrating!  But I told him at dinner that we were going to the dentist the next afternoon and at bedtime he let Chris pull out his tooth!  So I guess next time I'll have to "threaten" a little earlier and save some tears!



After that momentous event Chris and I were off on our "date night."  Yes...I'm a little embarrassed to admit that we are huge Twilight fans--Chris included!  We've both read all 4 books--Chris didn't read them because I said they were good, he read them because his good friend (Jeremy) in his office was reading them and he didn't want Jeremy to be the only "gay guy in the office."  So anyways, Jeremy and his wife Erica rented out an entire theater at Superstition Springs Harkins Theater and we bought our tickets from them.  All 450 seats sold in a day!  We arrived at the theater and saw the lines wrapping around the building--it was insane!  But we already had our tickets in hand, Jeremy was saving us seats, and we had a 9 p.m. showing so we got to bypass all of that madness.  Our group had organized a fun raffle of lots of fun things--we didn't win anything but it was sure fun to see all these crazy women--the theater was about 90% women--scream and holler over their winnings!  The movie began promptly at 9--no previews!  It was hilarious!  The excitement in the air was just so contagious!  It was like being at a huge bachelorette party.  Every time Jacob or Edward came on screen there were all kinds of "Ohhhhs" and "Ahhhs" and squealing!  The movie was AWESOME!  Can't wait to see it again!  And we had a great time and got back home around 11:30 p.m.  So not too late for a school night:)

This was the only picture Chris would take!  
I wanted a picture with the Jacob cutout!

1 comment:

  1. My niece is a 2nd grader and just lost her first tooth a few weeks ago so he's not the only one! Brandon lost 6 teeth last year in first grade. The tooth fairy about went broke!

    You didn't invite me to New Moon?!? Even after I got you an invite to craft night tomorrow?!? I'm not sure we can be friends anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete