Thursday, November 19, 2009

FHE Spotlight--Ethan!!!

Ethan with fireflies on his arm in NYC!

Our spotlight this week was our dear sweet Ethan!  There are just soo many things to love about this little guy!  It was definitely hard for me to pick just one!  But here's what we came up with:

Carlie:  Carlie loves that Ethan will play anything with her--even Barbies.  

Max:  Max just adores his older brother--doesn't like to do anything without him.  Max cannot go to sleep without Ethan there!  There have been a few nights--believe it or not--that Max has had to go to bed early on his own but he WILL NOT fall asleep until Ethan gets there.  (Max was having a bad night tonight and was kinda having a pity-party for himself.  I know he could have said many good things about Ethan but this is all we got:)
Dad:  Something that Dad finds hilarious about Ethan is that his bed is very much like a "rat's nest."  About every two weeks I wash all of the kids' bedding and it's always interesting to see the treasures I find in his top bunk.  Webkinz, gatorade bottles, fusion dome guys, I Spy books, dirty clothes, his piggy bank, old school work....just to name a few.  Just last night Chris and I ran out to do a few errands.  Carlie was suppose to be in charge but she fell asleep.  Ethan needed to get a hold of us to let us know that our dog Bubba was getting into things he shouldn't.  Well, Carlie is the one that has our cell numbers memorized but Ethan had at one time written down our cell numbers in a notebook.  And that notebook was where?  In the rat's nest!  So I guess it does come in handy!!!
Mom:  Probably one of my most favorite things about Ethan is how extremely loyal his is to his siblings!  He is FIERCELY protective of each of them.  When Max was younger I liked to take the boys to the indoor play area at the mall.  They always had a good time there but Ethan did not like others kids talking to Max--even if they were being nice.  He would say, "Don't talk to MY baby!"  And now with Tatum being the youngest he is even more protective of her.  I can always count on Ethan to stick by her side no matter what--Carlie and Max get side-tracked a lot!  I always know that Tatum is in good hands with Ethan is there!  I just love that boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment