Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ahh!!! My niece is ENGAGED!!!

This is a picture of my sister, Anne (the one in the middle). What?!?! You can't tell we're sisters?!

Well okay...biologically speaking, we have different fathers. Brief family history: My dad married my mom and adopted Anne when she was 8 and she has never had anything to do with her biological father. So she's my sister and always has been. She is 12 years older than me and anyone who knows her knows how AMAZING she is. Anne graduated from college in 3 years, married and had her own successful business at 19 (which is still running today), 4 kids, president of the Deming, NM Schoolboard....okay you get it! Yes...I am the loser slacker of the family:) So her first child, Britney (the one on the right) was born when I was 9. Her next child is Cassel, and Kursty (the one on the left) is her 3rd born. Catlin was born a few years later. So I was like my sister's personal nanny. I practically lived with her--I even got pulled out of school when she needed help with the kids. So her kids are kinda like my kids too:) So I'm almost freaking out as much as my sister right now...almost.

Kursty is currently 19 years old, just finished her freshman year at NMSU and was headed back east to continue her schooling when all of the sudden...this amazing guy falls out of the sky! His name is Britton Dalton. He is from Silver City, NM--which is only 1 hour away from Deming, but they had never met before because he was an in-active church member. Well about 2 years ago he decided to get his whole family active (which involved teaching and baptizing his non-member dad) and go on a mission. He served in Australia for 2 years, comes home in May, meets Kursty after being home only 2 weeks, purposes to her 2 weeks after that!!! CRAZINESS!!!! So here's a cute pic of them:


Soo...not AT ALL what Kursty meant to be doing this year but when it's right, then run with it! The official wedding date is Saturday, November 19, 2010 right here in good ol' Mesa. Anne is in her element. She is an amazing planner and organizer so I know that this will be the wedding of the year--hands down. I like to joke with Anne saying she could possibly be marrying off #1 (Britney 23) and #2 (Cassel 21--just recently home from his mission in CA) this year too! She's not laughing about that, but if anyone could pull off 3 weddings in a year, it would be her!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Your niece is gorgeous...must run in the family!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? No Kursty Gutierrez??? All these years I was expecting a cool last name! Actually, I am very excited for Kursty and Britt. I used to babysit him and his brother! I just love his mom! How happy for the both of them - but I can't believe your niece is old enough to get married. We are officially OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke served his mission in Australia and we are headed there in September!! Congrats to Kursty!! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete