Saturday, March 26, 2011

Big day for Max!

We signed Max up for T-ball this spring. He has been BEGGING to be on a sports team for quite some time now--I just had to find someone else with a boy his age that I could carpool with (THANKS Mary Rae:). He's been watching Carlie and Ethan play softball/baseball for over 3 years now and it was finally his turn! Max finally got his OWN team jersey and hat and has worn them almost everyday this week. He was SUPER excited for this opening day. Max got to march in his first parade this morning!:



Take team pics: (I'll get a real team pic in a few weeks--I just thought these little guys looked cute--Max is #7:)


AND play his first REAL game! It was soo fun to watch all of these little guys (ages 3-6) figure out all this organized game stuff. Max was the catcher (the one who stands behind home plate and watches all the grown-ups do all the work of raising/lowering the tee and getting the balls). He did his job without complaining the first inning. About half way through the second inning, Max came to a big realization....I could TOTALLY see the light come on in his head. He turned to look at me in the stands and said, "I DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!!" (He wasn't really happy about this situation--he wanted in on all of the action). This is Max in his VERY important position as catcher:)


Well, the coach AND everyone else in the stands heard this--we were all laughing hard! I made sure to tell him that he was doing a FANTASTIC job at his position. He did get to change positions the next inning:) He did such a great job! I am sure proud of you Maxwell!!!

1 comment:

  1. The standing still and "not doing anything" is the main reason we've never signed Tyler up it! He's WAY too active of a child for baseball...

    ReplyDelete