Friday, March 11, 2011

Ethan's First Pinewood Derby!

So both Chris and I missed Ethan's first Pinewood Derby!!! Chris was in L.A. and I was in Michigan and we were both really sad to miss and stayed VERY close to our cell phones all of Saturday afternoon. Donna saved the day by bringing Ethan to the event and my good friend Danika saved the day by taking pictures for me. A HUGE thank you to both of you:)

We were SUPER nervous about all the things that could go wrong--weigh too much, not enough, etc... Poor Donna was quizzed over and over again about what to do in any event. I even had a couple dads on the lookout just in case:) Well, we did everything we possibly could to get Ethan ready for the big event and it PAID OFF!!! Ethan came in 3rd place!!! Oh my gosh! I almost cried when I heard!!! I was SOOO nervous that something would go wrong but everything went AMAZINGLY well! Donna is such a good grandma (for millions of reasons) but she took Ethan out to dinner at his favorite restaurant (T.G.I.F's) that night to celebrate! Way to go Ethan! We are SOO PROUD OF YOU!!!

Here's the crew:


Here are their cars: (Ethan likes everything simple and plain. I tried talking him into spray glitter, numbers, ANYTHING--his is the solid red car:)


The Race:


The 3rd place winner!

1 comment:

  1. What great photos! :) Just kidding - you're totally welcome. Must be the morning to do pinewood derby blog posts....I just posted mine too!

    ReplyDelete