Thursday, May 12, 2011

Best Mother's Day Weekend EVER!!!

I had an AMAZING Mother's Day weekend. It seriously lasted 3 days:) It all started with Max's kindergarten Mother's Day celebration on Friday morning--"Muffins with Moms." I got to go to his class, wear a beautiful crown made by Max and eat a yummy brunch with him. I was also quite pleased with his little "Mother's Day Interview" where he answered a few questions about me--I never know what to expect with this kid but here are some of the things he said about me:

Mom's name: Buffie
Mom's weight: 105 (I wish:)
Mom's favorite food: Salad and water
What mom does when I'm at school: Reads her scriptures and prays

So I sounded like a perfect, skinny, righteous mother. Way to go Max!!!

Friday night, Chris took me out to my MOST FAVORITE mexican restaurant--Si Senor. Then we went to see a play at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix. "The Mystery of Irma Vepp."

Chris and I saw this show when it was here 12 years ago! Back when we were young and with no kids. When I heard it was coming back, I just HAD to go see it again. It is HILARIOUS!!! There are 2 actors that play 10 total characters so the costume changes in and of themselves are AMAZING! Enjoyed it 12 years ago, enjoyed again this past weekend:)

Saturday was a busy day with kid's going every different direction. But this handsome guy made my day:

He has been playing basketball this spring. This surprised me because he's not a very aggressive kid and I find basketball to be an aggressive game. So this has been his first season and he has just LOVED playing. He has 2 basketballs and he's suppose to bring 1 of them to his game every week for warm-ups. Well, this past week, he wanted to bring BOTH of his basketballs. I asked, "Why Ethan? That's just going to be a pain carrying 2. But whatever, just make sure they BOTH come home." Well, come to find out, there is a boy on his team that doesn't have a basketball of his own and so when the team warms up, he really doesn't have anything to do but chase down the other kid's balls. So Ethan had brought the second ball for this boy. MELTED MY HEART!!! That is just SOO like my Ethan to notice something like that. Gotta love that boy!!!

Ethan also brought me breakfast in bed on Sunday morning. He was quite funny the night before he kept asking me questions trying NOT to give away his plan but TOTALLY giving away his plan too. He asked, "Mom, you still like Frosted Mini Wheats right?" "Hey mom, could you leave a flashlight by your door tonight?" That's where I said, "Um Ethan...we don't really get to sleep in on Sundays but I'd like to sleep as long as I can so PLEASE PLEASE DON'T wake up before the sun." Well, he was great! I got my frosted mini wheats in bed along with a super cute mother's day poem.

What a great weekend I had. My family sure made me feel special. I am so blessed to have such a crew. LOVE YOU GUYS TONS AND TONS:)

1 comment:

  1. At least Max put 105 for your weight...Tyler put 1006 for mine! :(

    ReplyDelete