Monday, March 26, 2012

Errands for Ethan:)

We have some dear friends of ours that lost their son, Ethan, exactly one year ago today. Ethan was only 7. He had an artereoventricular malformation (AVM). His mom, Kim, has been blogging every day this month with memories of her dear sweet Ethan. She very meticulously documented the last week of his life. I have been anxiously reading this blog every day this month. There were days when I checked multiple times to see if she had updated it yet. This blog has been my daily reality check and has forever changed me for the better. If you would like to read this blog, grab a kleenex box and click here.

In honor of their son, Marcus and Kim declared today, March 26th, as "Errands for Ethan" day. They were asking for people to do random acts of kindness in remembrance of their son. So the Meekers were TOTALLY in!!!

My first errand of the day was for Kim: (Kim, check your front door step if you haven't already:) I hope you like it:)



The Meekers have a tradition of "cookie ditching" every Christmas Eve. The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It is such an adrenaline rush:) So we decided to cookie ditch this day in honor of Ethan--he also liked "secret" acts of service. So we made 7 dozen cookies--one dozen for each year of his life--and we delivered them to neighbors, primary teachers, and others who we thought might enjoy some cookies (but not to anyone that would read my blog:)

I had these cards made up to put on each cookie plate:


We made the cookies:




Here are my kids saying "ERRANDS FOR ETHAN!!!"


And then we ditched the cookies:)
(Carlie had dress rehearsals for Aladdin tonight so she had to miss out on the fun--we sure needed her leadership and fast-running cause the other 3 almost got us caught a couple times:)


So Ellsworth Family, we love you guys and are AMAZED by your examples of how to endure. Thank you SOO much for allowing us to be a part of your special day. We had an AWESOME time:)

3 comments:

  1. I love this...thank you so much for sharing your day! The bracelets are wonderful...obviously you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I will read that blog...it hits a little too close to home these days!
    How wonderful that you are doing those random acts of kindness, especially during an extremely busy month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to post on your blog too. What an amazing family you have to do this. Thank you! Thank you for being involved with it. I love that you guys were so into it. I can't thank you enough for the necklace! Wow!! I probably will never take it off. My sister text me yesterday and said, "I think thats the errand Ethan would have wanted most--somebody to do something for his mom :) Wish I would've thought of that." Ethan was always worried about me, so thank you for thinking of me. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete