Sunday, April 1, 2012

Aladdin Jr....CHECK!!!

WHEW! I am EXHAUSTED!!! And I wasn't even the one in the show!!! Carlie just completed her 3rd major show! And to think we only stared this whole music theater journey last April:) I feel like we've been in it for years!

Carlie was a "Towns Person" in Aladdin Jr with Actor's Youth Theater. It was HANDS DOWN her MOST favorite of all her shows. The AYT cast was AMAZING to work with and Carlie really liked the director, Randy, and she also really liked that everyone in the production was her age. This production is called a "Jr." production because all of the actors were between the ages of 8-13. Of course Carlie was my most favorite actress on the stage but the Jafar came in a close second--he was my favorite lead:)

This past week was pretty intense as they had 7 shows in 5 days. Carlie even got to miss school on Friday for the student matinee--which was completely sold out!!! I saw 4 of the shows and helped out during the student matinee. Here are some of Carlie and her "theater buds:"

Our Beloved Carpool peeps: Carlie, Laci C., and Peyton F. (I finally got into a carpool this time round--saved my sanity for sure:)


Carlie and Diana M. (Iago):


Kayleah (Townsperson), Macy (Genie), and Carlie:


Kayleah W., Carlie, and Savannah P. (Jasmine)--these are two of Carlie's closest friends as they have been in Annie, Bye Bye Birdie, and now Aladdin together:)


Kayleah W. and Carlie: I have to laugh because I have a picture of them like THIS from every show:)
Aladdin:


Bye Bye Birdie:


Annie:


I took Ethan, Max, and Tatum on Friday night.
Tatum liked Genie best:


Max's new hero is Jafar--Max has his first audition in 2 weeks for "Oliver" at Queen Creek PAC--and he CAN'T wait!!! He's FINALLY old enough!!!


Carlie had a FABULOUS time and LOVED every single minute of every single rehearsal. She was a little teary-eyed last night coming home and she's been singing all the Aladdin songs all day today--as if she hasn't sung them enough already:) She can't wait to try out for AYT again--May 4th...Cinderella look out!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that if I still lived in AZ, Abby would be hot on her tail. It is her dream to do this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, I wish we'd gone! Molly's friend Olivia was in that too! And she just reminded me yesterday that it was the last night and it was too late. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great show! Glad to hear she had fun.

    ReplyDelete