Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

Holy heck....we sure packed a whole ton into this weekend!!! It was the first weekend Chris had been home in 6 weeks so we had to make the most of it! And we did--and had a lot of fun along the way:)

Right away, Carlie and Maddie J.B. just HAD to have a sleep over. Here they are baking cookies. I just LOVE these girlies. They are SOOO beautiful!!! Look out San Tan Jr. High!!! They are coming soon--and they can't wait!!! (After 6 years of attending a uniform school they are both absolutely ecstatic about discovering and developing their inner fashionistas:)


We also had a GARAGE SALE on Saturday morning. I HATE doing these! Tons of work BUT the reason I do them is for my kids. I want them to learn how to be resourceful. As a kid, I had a yard sale every summer to raise money for a trip, a new instrument, or whatever! So my kids baked brownies, cookies, and made lemonade to sell at the sale. The sale was a HUGE success so totally worth all the work:)


Carlie--my mini-me--has been making these SUPER cute beaded bobby pins. She made up 16 of these for the yard sale and sold 12 of them!!! I was SOO proud of her!!!


I'll be putting these cute things in with my charms this fall for Boutique Time:)


By Saturday night, we were all exhausted! Poor Ethan became a little sick--fever and upset stomach--so we opted to stay home from our ward party and get our own eggs colored. Here are the pics (Ethan had been swimming prior to this so that is why he is half-naked:)

The Egg Coloring:





This morning (Sunday), Ethan was still not feeling well so he stayed home from church--so that's why he's in his PJs still:)


The Hunt:



Tatum in her cute new swimsuit that the Easter Bunny brought for her:)


And FINALLY! It's a running joke here at the Meeker house that Chris and Ethan live in a MUSICAL!!! Lately that has been very true:) Carlie and Max have auditions this next Friday for Queen Creek Performing Arts for "Oliver!" Max has been SOO excited and has been working EXTRA hard on his audition piece. You have to be 7 years to audition for Queen Creek and Max just turned 7 in January. He has been BEGGING to do this ever since Carlie did "Annie." I think he will make an ADORABLE orphan boy but we shall see:)

1 comment:

  1. I guess my kids are going to have to learn to be resourceful withOUT garage sales... just like me! I had one once, and I learned my lesson that day. Just sayin'. Your Easter bunny is super nice compared to ours... lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete