Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WOO HOO!

WOO HOO!!! I am one PROUD mama tonight!!! Carlie and Max auditioned this past Friday for Queen Creek's upcoming show, "Oliver." This was Max's 1st audition and he has been looking forwards to this for about 6 months now. You had to be 7 to try out and since Max just turned 7 in January he was one of the youngest there. He worked SUPER hard on his song and his british accent and it all paid off:) Carlie had a little time off between shows so she decided to try out as well. If we're going to drive one kid out to Queen Creek, we might as well drive two:)

Auditions were this past Friday. They were both called back yesterday (Wednesday) for a grueling 2 1/2 hours of singing, dancing, and reading lines. Max told me that they were asked to introduce themselves in a british accent and so this is what Max said (in his best accent) "Ello! I'm Max Meeker and I LOVE chicken" then he tells me..."only I really DON'T like chicken." I asked, "So then why did you say that you loved it?" Max replies, "I really don't know...it was the only thing I could think of." I was laughing out loud so I imagine he had them laughing in the audition room too:)

I'm not sure how they did the casting but this much I do know. Carlie and Max are both in Fagin's gang of boys--yes, Carlie will be a boy and she is SUPER excited. And there are 12 kids in this gang. The rest of the kids who auditioned were cast as orphans...there are 55 of these! So Max and Carlie are 2 of 12 verses 2 of 55 so I'm guessing they did pretty dang good! YES!!! I am one proud Mama tonight!!! My kids are pick-pocketing orphans!!! WOO HOO! What every mom wants right?! (A big congrats to Zach T. who is in our Grove 2nd ward--he's in the show too as Dr. Grimwig!)


And here's his SUPER cute audition song one more time (for me okay?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment