Sunday, June 10, 2012

Boy Scout Day Camp

So our ward decided to host our own "Boy Scout Day Camp" this year and it turned out GREAT!  In the past our ward has had the boys go out to the Scout Pueblo--great camp but my son actually HATED it mostly because they kept the boys out super late (like 11:30 pm) and Ethan is an early to bed early to rise kid:)  So I was thrilled to be having a camp on "his" schedule:)

I am still one of the Bear Den leaders and so I volunteered to teach one of the stations--knots.  I also volunteered my hubby to teach campfire safety.



The boys had a lot of water time and just plain fun time.  It seems that so often we are so scheduled and focused on earning badges/belt loops, etc...(which is all good)--that there is never enough downtime for the boys to just HAVE FUN.  So what I enjoyed the most was watching the boys just play together:)

I was only able to be at the first day of camp as we left on the 2nd day.  But apparently the 2nd day went just as well.

I have to admit that I wasn't 100% excited about being called into Scouts.  But as I have just finished my first year in scouts, I can honestly say that I love it.  It could be because my second calling--Girl's Camp director--has been kicking my butt!  There's is just SOOOO much less drama with 10 year old boys than there is with 12-18 year old girls!  I LOVE BOY SCOUTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment