Sunday, July 21, 2013

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (Canada)

Oh!  It was like Christmas morning for me when we arrived into the Prince Edward Island port!!!  I could NOT wait to get off the boat!!!  I had dreamed of coming here for a LONG time and the island was well worth the wait and effort!  BEAUTIFUL!!!  BREATH-TAKING!!! I WANNA MOVE HERE!!!

Beautiful shoreline!!!



They dye shirts with the red sand (just like in Hawaii:)

The author, Lucy Maude Montgomery, spent a lot of time in this house because it belonged to her aunt and uncle.  She actually lived not too far from here.  This island is definitely proud of Montgomery and her writings.  Millions of visitors come every year to see this place because of her books.  It was fun to learn about how her life paralleled her story of "Anne."

I'm HERE!  I'm HERE!  I'm HERE!!!

Green Gables
Again...I'M ACTUALLY HERE!!!

Oh yeah...Chris came too:)

WHY can't I have a garden like this in AZ?!

Here I am in the "Haunted Wood"

"Lover's Lane"  (Where Gilbert FINALLY professes his true love for Anne:)

Lucy M. Montgomery's Grave (with the red flowers)

After our excursion we were able to walk around Charlottetown.  LOVED this place too.  Very quaint town with a very low crime rate and a 0% murder rate (according to our tour guide:)

Charlottetown City Halld

Pretty little wedding chapel

This next picture is a little hard to tell what it is but cool nonetheless:)  This is a huge nest built by the "Ostrey" bird for their babies.  You can see this huge things all over Charlottetown.

I could have stayed here the rest of our trip.  I absolutely LOVE it here!  So picturesque and a perfect 66 degrees.  All the people here speak english but there is a definite accent/sound to Canadian english:) Chris and I used any "O-U-T" word we could think of JUST so we could say it like a Canadian.  "Oout and aboout on our boauut!"  The winters in Canada are long, bitter, and hard so I guess I'll just stay in AZ:)  Canada suffers through winters for the perfect summers and we in AZ suffer through summers for the perfect winters--go figure:)


1 comment:

  1. That looks like SO much fun. Beautiful! I love being "there"! Someday maybe you'll live in Arizona in the winter and Prince Edward Island in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete