Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sleeping Beauty--June/July 2013

Oh my gosh!!!  WHERE to even begin!!!  This summer has been my BUSIEST summer ever hands down!  My blog posting/reading has suffered big time!!! 

So we found out in May that Carlie once again landed a lead role--the Princess Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty) in Sleeping Beauty.  Ethan was also cast as "the shy faerie" Alroy.  So we hit the ground running again.  My husband, of course, has an unexpected trip to France and so it was me and my 4 kiddos running this show!  (Chris did make it back for the very last show:)

This play was an original play written and directed by Andrea.  So this was NOT the story according to Disney:)  The Princess Briar Rose was actually an elf in this play that was betrothed to marry a human prince to end the "Race Wars" between the humans, elfs, & faeries.  The show was extremely clever and HILARIOUS!!!  Seriously have never laughed more at a play!  Carlie & Ethan had a fantastic experience with the whole show. 

I was VERY involved in this show--more than what I meant to be:)  I was asked to help out with the faerie make-up and since my son was a faerie, I quickly accepted.  SUPER fun!  There were only 25 actors cast in this play--12 of them were faeries so there was me and one other mom using every ounce of creativity we had!  So for 10 nights, me and ALL my kids were to the theatre early doing makeup:)  The first picture is Ethan PRE-faerie makeup--just the basics.  I had to take a picture because he looked like a young Billy Idol to me!  Of course Ethan has NO idea who Billy Idol is so it was for my own enjoyment only:)
The Young Billy Idol
This is Ethan in all his Faerie glory:)
Faeries!  Faeries!  EVERYWHERE!!!
This is my favorite pic of them:)
Evil Faerie--Drusilla--was our most complicated make-up job:)

Duke Nico, Jasmine, Briar Rose, & Prince Adair--the stars of the show:)

Human Prince Adair and Elf Princess Briar Rose

Briar Rose & her BFF Jasmine
Alyssa, Tiresias, Queen Tearney, Queen Haude, Briar Rose, & Nuala
Kayleah worked backstage:)
Seamus:)  What a ham!
"Seamus!!!  GET OFF OF ME!"
The EVER hilarious Duke Nico--(thank goodness Kale's head healed quickly because we had to spray gold paint and glitter into his hair every night!!!)
Photo-bombed by Mitchell!!!  VERY stealthy!
Once again a celebrity!

Ethan's Best Friend Michael came!!!!
We LOVE our cousin Seth!!!
AND our red-headed cousins--Cali & Hanna
BFFs on AND off stage--Carlie & Savvy
The show was just AWESOME!  The cast and crew were just AWESOME!  Definitely mixed feelings of sadness and relief:)  BUT we're off on our next show that Carlie has once again landed a big part in:)  Stay tuned...



1 comment:

  1. Your Billy Idol picture made me laugh! I think you have a future in costume makeup. Did you at least get a shout out on the program? :)

    ReplyDelete