Sunday, March 23, 2014

Temple Cultural Celebration!

My two oldest kids had the honor of being part of the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration that took place on Saturday, March 1, 2014.  Ethan literally made the age cut-off by 4 days.  I was really proud of how Carlie & Ethan handled the stress of both cultural celebration practices--one REALLY long all day one--along with their schedules with their play.  They NEVER complained.  Just did what they were supposed to.  My husband was heavily involved as well as his company handled all of the audio/visual aspects of the entire event.  I pretty much have not seen my husband since January but all for a great cause:)

Now I did not personally take any pictures, not because I didn't want to!  As most know, we experienced heavy rains the night of the actual performance.  I had tickets to be right on the 50 yard line for the performance so Tatum, Max, & I had a great view of the field and when we looked behind us, we could see our Prophet Thomas S. Monson and his counselor Henry B. Eyring sitting under their tent clapping along and giving all the performers thumbs up!  We were S-O-A-K-E-D!  After the performance I took my soaked/freezing kids home but my poor hubby and another 2 hours of work to do soaked and still in the rain!

But it was still awesome to be there.  It was awesome to watch 12,000 youth sing and dance their hearts out like it wasn't raining at all.  The cheers of the youth when the prophet pulled up to the performance warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes.  So here are some pictures that were taken by others:

The Gilbert, AZ Temple

This is what 12,000 Youth look like from the sky:)
Our region is in the dark green:)


Soaked but HAPPY!


No comments:

Post a Comment