Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ethan's 12th Birthday!!!

As I said before, I bought my boys out this year:)  Ethan took the $100 instead of a birthday party--smart kid:)  Ethan's birthday kinda happened in stages this year--because of Temple stuff, Beauty & the Beast rehearsals/performances, and my husband's crazier than normal work schedule.  On the Friday before his birthday, we checked everyone out of school early to go and eat at the restaurant of his choice which was "Lolo's Chicken & Waffles."  Ethan two most favorite foods are fried chicken and waffles and so my husband thought this was the perfect place--and it was:)


After lunch, we went to see "The Lego Movie."  And everyone has been singing "Everything is awesome!" ever since:)


On Sunday, we had his cake and ice cream.  We had to do this because on his actual birthday--Tuesday, Feb. 24th--he was in a LONG tech rehearsal for Beauty & the Beast.  We sent cookies up for the whole cast on that day:)



Finally, two weeks later--after the Temple stuff and Beauty & the Beast performances were done, Ethan got his $100 to go where?  The Lego store OF COURSE:)  Not that we need any more Legos in our home but it was HIS money:)


Of course turning 12 is a HUGE deal as Ethan was given the Aaronic Priesthood.  My parents came up for the event.  On his first Sunday passing the sacrament, Chris was out of town and there I was kinda freaking out--I never realized how much I DON'T pay attention to all the little details these boys are in charge of!  Great learning experience for both of us and Ethan was absolutely PERFECT passing his first Sunday.  SUPER proud of my son.  I love you so much Ethan Christopher!  You make me proud every day!




No comments:

Post a Comment