Thursday, February 27, 2014

Funny/Sick Story:)

This past Thursday, Friday, & Saturday I was CRAZY SICK!  I don't get sick often and boy I was knocked down for 3 days with some of the worst allergies I have ever experienced.  No pill was helping me--and I tried lots of them.  So despite my sickness, we had a crazy Saturday.  My husband had to leave at 5 am for the day and my 2 older kid's had all day Temple Cultural Celebration practice, Max had play rehearsals, and Tatum had a birthday party and then softball practice.  So I forced myself out of bed, showered, dressed, put on make-up and everything just as I would on any normal day.  I just "put on my big girl panties" and went about my day:)

I got everyone where they needed to go and I finally sat down for the first time at Tatum's softball practice--box of tissue in hand.  Some good friends of mine were there and said, "Buffie!  You sound HORRIBLE!!!  PLEASE go home and we will take Tatum to lunch and then bring her home to you--just PLEASE go home."  Alright, that was VERY nice of them so I took them up on their offer.  I was headed home when I decided I wanted a soda from Circle K.  So I get out the exact change I needed, went inside and got my soda.  I was just standing there in line totally oblivious to anyone or anything around me, just standing there waiting to pay.  The man in front of me turned around and said, "Ma'am….I would REALLY like to buy your soda for you.  I can't help but notice that you sound terrible."  Me:  "What?!  Oh no!  I am fine really!  Look!  I have my money right here in hand!"  I looked up at the store clerk and he said, "Sorry ma'am, but he's in front of you so you have to do what he says."  Totally shocked/sick/dumbfounded/embarrassed/flattered all at the same time and with nothing funny or witty coming to my mind, I just said "Thank you!" and ran out the door!

So apparently, my pathetic-ness was extremely evident to everyone around me!  So at that point I went straight home to hide for the rest of the day!

But I am VERY grateful for the kind people Heavenly Father sent to me on Saturday.  I was definitely in need and I know my prayers were answered that day--definitely NOT like I wanted them answered--I really just wanted to be healed--but I was grateful for the random acts of kindness even more.

1 comment:

  1. Random acts of kindness can be so simple but mean so much... sorry you were sick :(

    ReplyDelete