Thursday, May 18, 2017

I Stand corrected AND with my foot in my mouth:)

Yes!  I was NOT a choir fan before this year.  I always said, "If you can't handle band, join choir!"  Well today I stand corrected AND with my foot in my mouth.

This year has been a phenomenal year for Carlie.  The end of the year concert was all student produced--Mr. Rakita directed a few things but not many.

Carlie was all over the place for this concert.   She was singing, dancing, and playing piano for other people's performances.  I lost count of her costume changes.  She is also used as the a cappella song's "pitch pipe" because she has perfect pitch--she sings the starting note to get everyone started on the right notes:)  I pretty much just sat with my mouth open the entire time.  I was sure glad that others were recording this concert because I just wanted to watch and take it all in--which I did.  These were my top 3 favorite numbers:







I've definitely learned what a unique school Heritage Academy is.  There have been many times I've wondered if we had done the right thing putting our kids here.  The trips/events/clubs my kids have been a part of are unlike any other school around.  The environment/staff and students are amazing.  This end of the year concert was just one more validation for me.  This school ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment