Tuesday, May 9, 2017

My 40th Birthday!

I had the BEST birthday week!  My good friends took me out to lunch earlier in the week.  Then on the night before my birthday--Thursday, April 20th--I went to watch a few of my students in a play at their high school which had me out later than normal.  As I pull up into my garage, I can clearly see all of my friends parked around my house waiting to start the decorating festivities--which I knew were coming because I helped in decorating most all of their homes as well over the years:)  So I thought about just "pretending" like I didn't see them but I noticed my neighbor was out talking to them so I wanted to make sure everything was okay--I was afraid someone was blocking her driveway or something.  But no, my neighbor was wanting in on all the fun of decorating my house!  So after I said my "hellos" and determined everything to be fine, I went in and let them have at it.

My neighbor has only been living here about 2 months and she is an inactive member of my church.  So it was AWESOME that my friends were such great examples to her and included her in all of it.  I sure hope she comes back to church someday:) 

The next morning, I was laughing, my husband was leaving town but snapped a picture of the house for his own keeping:), and my boys were absolutely MORTIFIED and didn't want to touch anything! Carlie actually insisted that I leave all the decor up for her prom date to pick her up that same night--so I did:) 

LOVE LOVE LOVE my friends!  They sure made my birthday FANTASTIC!





"Happy Birthday Buffie turning 40!!!
We thought you  could use some extra
Love and Support"

No comments:

Post a Comment