Saturday, August 12, 2017

Boys Sent to Farm 2017!

With all the schools around us starting back up in July, these 2 boys had 2 1/2 more weeks of summer left!  My dad happened to be passing thru our area on his way home from a wedding so I packed up my boys and sent them to Deming for 9 days!

The boys had a BLAST of course--hanging out with Papa Frank is always a party.  They worked on the farm everyday.  Max has apparently become quite the tractor driver.  My dad had him on the tractor every day because his lines were super straight.

Ethan was a big help on the ground.  He helped planting the squash.  And he LOVED finding and touch every creepy crawly critter he could find.  This is a horny toad he caught--those things can shoot BLOOD out of their eyes!!!  I would have NOT let him touch it had I been there so I guess it's good I wasn't.  He did try to convince us that he needed to bring it home.  NO WAY!  It would have definitely died in captivity so Ethan reluctantly released it back into the "wild."


Ethan also did a lot of driving practice in his new car!  My parents have given him their old 2007 Toyota Corolla.  It's a little dinged up but we're happy to take it!  Ethan will be getting his driver's permit at the end of this month!  YIKES!  Ready or not Chandler, here comes Ethan.

We discovered that there is an AmTrack train that runs from Maricopa and has a stop in Deming.  Chris took the train to Deming so that he could drive the boys home in Ethan's new car.  Chris enjoyed the "education" he received on the train ride and was very grateful to only have to take the train one way:)  

After 9 days gone, I was sure glad to have my boys back.  My house stayed MUCH cleaner but it was a little too quite without them. My dad was sure missing them the few days following.  He loves having the kids around--apparently even the lady at the Valero gas station where they went every day for sodas was sad to see them go too:)  Funny boys:)  They are a riot wherever they go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment