Saturday, December 16, 2017

December TRIES to kill me every year!!!

So I'm not sure why but it seems that when Chris leaves for the Pearl Harbor celebrations every year in December...ALL HELL breaks loose on ME!

This past week was hellacious to say the least.  Chris was gone, Max had tech rehearsal EVERY night until 11 pm for "A Christmas Story."  And Max was an emotional wreck!  The role he has in this play is hands down the most difficult/biggest role and he was sure feeling the pressure of it.  Every night I picked him up, he was in tears!  So he missed 2 days of school and I kept him home with me to drill lines and singing solos/parts and just helping him to RELAX.  I even stayed up until 1:30 am on Wednesday night emailing questions he had to the directors AND to type up an outline for him so he could see the flow of the play.  All my late nights paid off with the most AMAZING opening night I've ever seen!  I was there and seriously held my breath most of the time and I cried at the end of it because I was so dang proud of my boy (and exhaustion I'm sure was a big part of the tears too:)

Carlie's car broke down and so we were down a car--but thank goodness for Ethan's car.  $600 later, her car is all fixed!  Yay!  Merry Christmas to Carlie!  She's got a brand new alternator this year:)

Somewhere during the week, I missed the email regarding Tatum's Spelling Bee.  She had won her class Spelling Bee and had moved onto the school Spelling Bee.  The Spelling Bee was Friday morning at 9 am and of course I had a million other things to do that morning.  I was with Max on Thursday night for his opening night so I could not even practice with her.  I asked Ethan to help that night while I was with Max.  Apparently Ethan wasn't much help--Tatum "misspelled" a few words "on purpose" to see if he was even paying attention--NOPE!  So that was all the practice she got!  So feeling like the WORST mom in the world, I dropped her off and school Friday morning and told her that I LOVED her more than anything and no matter what the outcome, I would take her for a Circle K soda after school.  I left the school in tears--crying twice in a week?!  That's a rare occurrence for me.  Thank goodness for a good teacher/friend at the school.  While I was visiting teaching, I was getting text updates from Mr. Martin:

"Tatum is doing GREAT!"
"She's in the top 6 now!"
"Top 3 now!!!"
"Drats!  She missed her word!  Couldn't tell you what the word was.  It was too tough for me!"

So my little Miss Tatum placed 3rd in her school Spelling Bee!  (Which was PERFECT because the top 2 students advanced to district and I loathe the spelling lists they have to practice for that!)  She came in 3rd to two 6th grade boys.  Way to represent the girls AND the 5th graders!!!  CRAZY CRAZY proud of this girl!!!  I took her out to for Circle K and then to Dairy Queen after Max's play! Her teacher came to Max's play that night--Ms. Askins was Max's 5th grade teacher as well.  I even asked her what word Tatum had missed (because Tatum couldn't remember either) and Ms. Aksins had NO idea either!  So pretty good word to go out on right?!

So what seemed like the LONGEST week actually turned out pretty dang okay:
*Max's play has come together in the most amazing way
*Tatum won 3rd place in the school Spelling Bee
*Carlie has a car that runs again
*Ethan was asked on his first date!!!
Max, Ms. Askins, & Tatum

Celebratory Blizzard for the amazing Tatum Jane!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment