Saturday, December 22, 2018

Halloween 2018!

JAMMED packed Halloween like always!  Kids dressed up multiple times and even Chris and I dressed up for a "Scareoke Party!"

First of all...front porch was a huge focus for us this year.  We went all out this year to have the coolest porch in the neighborhood.





I bought this cute handbell set to use with my Music Preschool class and of course, this is what MY kids do with them:



We also added a new decoration this year (that I had to unplug many times because it was too scary for some students and then others just kept stepping on it over and over...) . Even my dogs set him off a few times:) . We named him:  Ichabod.


School Halloween costumes:
Heritage allows the students to dress up.  Tatum was only allowed "crazy hair."  (Max's latest obsession is 80s movie--The Breakfast Club.) . So Max dressed up as "Judd Nelson" and Ethan was a colonial person.



"Fingers like snakes and spiders in her hair!"

We were invited to the annual "Scareoke" party at the Brassow home this year.  We all had a fantastic time eating, talking, and most of all singing karaoke.  Max showed off singing "Bet on It" from High School Musical.  Chris sang "Ice Ice Baby" from Vanilla Ice and I sang my favorite song from Grease--"Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee."  We had a blast!

Fred & Daphne
from Scooby Doo:)

Where's Waldo & Wenda:)

On Halloween night, we had the BEST time sitting on our front porch with our neighbors--the Thurmans.  Max went out trick-or-treating with his friend, Zane.  Tatum headed out with her friends, Lexi & Natalie.  Ethan went out just like he wanted to...alone:)

Funny side story:  Max is very serious about his Halloween costume.   It MUST be scary.  He was soooo disappointed in his little sister being a Crayon.  Max's words:  "Tatum...a Crayon is something someone choses to be last minute because they can't think of anything else...but you've been planning this for months!" 

True.  She & Lexi planned for months to match on Halloween:)


Poor girls can't even take a cute picture
without Pennywise photo-bombing it!

Don't ask me what this is...

At the very end of the night, our kids were all heading home.  There was another guy with the exact same plans as Ethan--just walk around the neighborhood being creepy.  This guy walked up to our house and had what we called "Scare-Offs" with our boys.  OH MY GOSH!!!  We were laughing SOO hard.  It was SOO funny and you probably had to be there to enjoy it to the fullest but man...we LAUGHED.  The second video is basically of NOTHING.  I just put it here because you can just hear how hard I was laughing:) . And yes...we really did have that music playing out on our porch for all the Trick-or-Treaters which made it even funnier when Jason walked up!


They "hugged it out" and we're friends by the end of it:)


All in all just a really fun evening.  As we were sitting down on the couch after the night, I noticed that I had been tagged in a post on my neighborhood FB page.  This lady posted a picture of my son on her doorbell camera!  My friend, Andrea, saw it and tagged me saying, "Isn't this Max?"  My heart sunk!  I thought for sure this lady was angry!  So I quickly apologized but she responded right back telling me that she really enjoyed this little antic.  That my son and his friend really did Halloween just right!  SUCH A RELIEF!!!


So another great Halloween in the books!  Until next year!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment