Thursday, December 31, 2020

BEST White Elephant Gift EVER!!!

     I started working part-time with Arizona Boiler Inspectors (ABI) this past February.  I just wanted something to fill my days now that my kids are older and not needing me as much AND I really missed having co-workers.  I met Jeremy & Laree when they were called to serve out in the Santan Branch with us this past year.  They own/manage ABI and offered me a job.  I have LOVED LOVED LOVED working along side them this year.  It's been EXACTLY what I've needed.

    We had our work Christmas party (after Christmas) and it was just plain FUN!  Like I said, I've MISSED co-workers to joke around with.  Well, we had a white elephant gift exchange and Chris & I came home with a mannequin--I work with HILARIOUS people.  We left it in our car overnight so our kids did not see it.  We had BIG plans for it...

    The next morning I was up and I set it up in Max's room.  There were a few unintended events happening that totally played into my joke PERFECTLY.  Max has recently been obsessed with serial killer/forensic documentaries.  He's always had an over-active imagination and these shows have only added to it.  For example, last week in Branson, every restaurant we ate at Max had an "Escape Route Plan" for each one just in case a killer walked in.  I was also washing my sheets this same morning...

    So I set up the mannequin, I snapped a couple of pictures--I thought I had my sound off BUT the camera sound went off for each pic.  No big deal I thought.  Max sleeps through our dogs barking, police sirens, etc...  But apparently he heard his door open AND the camera sounds.  He was somewhere in-between awake and asleep and dreamed that a serial killer was in his room taking pictures of him while he was sleeping.  He opened his eyes and saw the mannequin and IMMEDIATELY jumped out of bed to come find me.  He goes into my room but only sees my stripped down bed--I MUST have been murdered and the killer took the sheets to hide the crime right?!  Well I'm down stairs and I hear him walking around very quickly upstairs so I come out into the front room to find Max leaning on our stair rail resting his head on his arms.  He sees me and says, "PLEASE TELL ME YOU PUT THAT IN MY ROOM?!?!"  I just start laughing so hard that I can't even answer.  "MOM!!!  YOU CAN'T DO THIS KIND OF STUFF WHEN I'M WATCHING ALL MY SERIAL KILLER MOVIES!!!"  I'm crying at this point!  My joke went better than I had planned.


Pic is a little dark but she's set up in his
closet on the right and he's in bed on the left.

    Well after that we decided to name her "Bathsheba" and then we set her up in Ethan's bathroom to scare him when he woke up.  Ethan didn't get up for awhile.  Max actually went into his bathroom before Ethan was up forgetting she was in there and full-on SCREAMED AGAIN!😂😂😂.  I was again crying/laughing.  Max HELPED me set it up and STILL was caught off-guard!  When Ethan FINALLY woke up, he went into his bathroom and thought I was in there, he just turned around confused asking, "MOM???"  So he was barely scared.

    Max had a few friends over the same day so we had "Bathsheba" set up in our laundry room under a black light.  Big laughs and scares ALL DAY LONG!  Seriously...the gift that just keeps on giving👻😂

No comments:

Post a Comment