Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Christmas 2021!

    What a GLORIOUS Christmas break we had!  First time having all 4 of my kiddos home for the holidays in over 2 years.  We made sure to fit everything in--a trip up to Pine for a cabin stay, puppies rescued, face masks, another puppy rescued, church, temple, good food, great movies, and other than everyone getting a little sick, we had a blast!

Cabin in Pine:  No snow so we fit in lots of Pickleball and walked all over the town.  Kids had a great time finding cool things in Antiques/Thrift shops.  We took both our dogs this trip and apparently that's all I took pictures of:)
Rocco on the Pickleball Court


E & Lola

Tatum got these really cool new face masks so we all had to join in:



Then Max & Carlie decided to re-create a few photos of my younger brother & I way back in the 90s😂. Nice try but Trav & I wore them better:). And Travis had WAY more body hair😂





Christmas Eve:  Spider Man "No Way Home" and then our traditional PJs, Christmas lights, & Sonic shakes.  (My kids are HUGE ICarly fans so hence the ICarly Penny tees--Carlie-"Bacon & Legs", Tatum-"Gibby Fries", Ethan-"Liquid Chicken", and Max-"Noodle Booty"


Christmas Day:  Presents and then we hit Harkins to watch "American Underdog."  Our Elf, Buddy, really went all out this year and got the kids the FUNNIEST gifts!  Tatum got a super dooper 3 in one pooper scooper--Black Friday Amazon deal and it's her job at home that she ALWAYS FORGETS to do so hopefully her new kit will help her remember.  Carlie got a  mug that says, "I Hate Being Sexy But I Play Oboe so I Can't Help It."  And for YEARS now the boys have complained about how they have never received a KMI coat--Max steals mine every chance he gets.  "KMI Growers" (KMI stands for Knoop-Meeker Inc) is the name of my dad's farm in NM.  And Papa Frank is always bragging on my boys' "squash picking" abilities.  I guess they're REALLY good at spotting ripe ones and also really good at cutting the stems just right.  So it's been our family joke for years now.  Coats were finally purchased, I created a KMI logo, AND found the best embroidery lady to complete my vision.  Here's my my (I mean Buddy's) masterpiece:




The girls got this neck massager for their dad
who HATES cats:)




Matching "Cranky Pants"

She LOVES her stocking stuffer!

Christmas Sunday:  It's the last Sunday for a favorite family of ours (the Garretts) who have been released and will be headed back to their geographical ward.  Just won't feel the same without these guys:
Jackson, Max, & Logan

Jackson, Max, Logan, & Alison
    

Christmas Puppies:  (always seems to be one...or two... or 9...). A momma dog and her 7 pups (from the Rez) found their way to me (thru a FB post) as a Lost Our Home foster.  They are currently at my friend's house (Emily).  They will stay there for the next little while.  Another little 3 month old pup (from the Rez) needed a place to stay as well so I have him for the next little bit.  We decided to call him "Peter Parker" and we are all just in LOVE with this little guy:





    Could we have fit anything else in???  Seriously heaven on earth being together again and doing our favorite things.  Who's knows what life will be like a year from now but for today, I am happy and fulfilled.  I LOVE MY FAMILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment