Sunday, March 6, 2022

Max--MASTER of Ceremonies

     This past Thursday Chris and I had to divide and conquer.  Tatum had her first school softball game in Ajo, AZ and Max had the Heritage Senior/Faculty Basketball game that he would be participating in the half-time "Dunk Contest" and then the team awards/dinner Banquet followed right after the game.  So Chris headed to Ajo and I arranged a substitute teacher for me so that I could be at the 5:00 game.

    As soon as I walked into the gym, I heard Max on the mic...In my mind..."Oh no no no no!  They did NOT give my son the mic right????"  Oh yes they did.  And YES!  The kid was flippin' hilarious and a HUGE hit.  As soon as he saw me, he announced the the whole gym, "THAT'S MY MOM WHO JUST ENTERED THE GYM!!!  HER NAME IS BUFFIE MEEKER!!!  HI MOM!!!👋"  I was a good sport and waved and smiled back.  There was no way of denying my child at that point right?  Just kidding.  I would never do that:)

    This game was just for fun and everyone had a great time.  Max's commentary DEFINITELY made the night.  He had no problems filling a 1.5 hour game with hilarious commentary.  Here's a video of him announcing the teams:


A few of my favorite comments of the night:

"Which Moore brother has the ball?  I can't tell them apart...does anyone care???"

"Hey Mr. Moore, maybe in our next Modern History class, we should talk about HOW TO DRIBBLE."

"Did you know that Ricky and I watched 'The Notebook,' 'Titanic' and ALL 3 'Kissing Booths?'"

After a father and son got into a pretend fight on the court--the son was the ref and the dad was playing on the faculty team:  "That's good old fashion father/son violence.  If you don't like that  then. YOU DON'T LIKE HERITAGE BASKETBALL!!!"

    Then the half-time dunk contest, Max started the show off with this AMAZING dunk assisted by his BFF Ricky.  (I love how he kisses his shirt and gives it to his Jr. High basketball kiddos that he helps as a TA in their class--they were definitely HUGE Max fans💗).


    Max didn't win--probably because he's not a Senior--but had a great time showing off anyways.  He then went on to finish commentating on the game.  He has since been asked to MC the upcoming talent show at Heritage AND the school morning announcements--that seems like a lot of power for a 17 year old boy😂.  But there's no doubt that this boy has a gift.  Put him in front of an audience and something magical just happens.  I can't quite explain it.  Several of his acting coaches have called it "The IT factor."  So whatever that is, he has it.  I'm really encouraging him to go into Communications/Broadcasting in college so we'll see what happens.  This boy is gonna do great things.  Crazy proud of him.

Justin & Max--Justin was
the winner of the Dunk contest

Max+Mic=MAGIC

No comments:

Post a Comment